Homosexual Agenda

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (126 posts)
  1. elayne001 profile image77
    elayne001posted 13 years ago

How do you feel about the homosexual agenda being taught to elementary children?

http://www.ldsmag.com/lds-church-update … /6394?ac=1

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Holy rainbow Batman!

We better put on our sacred underwear fast!!yikes

elayne001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Holy hell ( I mean heck, since I am a Mormon) - you don't have to get personal about it!

I like my underwear, thank you very much.

2. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The only homosexual agenda I am aware of is their continued efforts to be treated as human beings. I do believe scientists have checked the DNA of some and proven they are human. Now it's simply a matter of getting the holier than thou bigots of this country to admit it. That I fear will take a miracle and I don't have any faith in those, lol.

1. weholdthesetruths profile image61
        weholdthesetruthsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"The Agenda" is so clear it's obvious why you can't address it."

The agenda can be summed up as follows:

"We want our own specific perversion given the blessings of society as normal, and recognized by law as valued".     

Note my statement says nothing about being 'treated as human" because that's not there.   Americans don't have laws to stone gays for being gay, they don't have laws to segregate them, either. 

The "agenda" is consists of nothing more than an attempt to forcibly change millenia old cultural customs by force of law, and to use legal forced to declare their specific perversion of choice to be "good" and "normal".   

Sadly, this an almost absurd agenda, and a ridiculously stupid one, as well.   But, there exists among the politically active, the urge to do so, generally in a hostile and false portrayal of victimology.   

The vast majority of people respond to it, (including those gay) with the response "Go away, stop raising hostility and division.   For God's sakes, keep it to yourself and stop trying to tell the children it's just fine."    We're raising generations of people with such torn up and shattered understanding of gender that if we survive as a civilization it will be a wonder.   

The LAST thing on earth we need is 35 different perversions all fighting for the blessings of "legitimacy" in the public arena.   Go do whatever you're going to do,  thank God you live in a free country that won't stone you to death, and let society try to keep itself intact, rather than fundamentally dismantling it.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
          Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Your agenda is also so clear it is obvious.  It can be summed up as follows: "We want our beliefs to be law and anyone who tries to point out that some of the stuff we believe in is actually totally contradictory to other stuff we believe in is a pervert, which is why we can totally blow off the great documents we pretend to value as being essential to our 'free'nation.'"
          Yes, because the absence of laws that are that obviously discriminatory would make your prejudice and hatred obvious.  It's much easier to just leave the old traditions that have been in place all along where they are.  THAT is not discriminatory. 

This "tradition" argument is the same one made for the maintenance of slavery.  And yes, I know, comparing slavery to gay rights is taboo because you probably think gays can just decide to switch orientation, where as blacks could not just decide to become white.  Yes, I understand what you are saying.  I just still cringe at the unfathomable determination to remain ignorant in the name of God or tradition.  Just because injustice has a long tradition does not mean it's okay.  Hopefully you can stay focused on that long enough to get it before you go into the standard "these two things don't compare" argument as a simpleton's dodge.

Here you are on to something, so close, and then you missed it.  I was rooting for you though.

Yes, America has fostered a "we're all victims" thing in the worst way. And everyone is trying to cash in on it now, which makes it easy to blow off real injustice because of all the little victims crying wolf, like, for example, self-righteous bigots claiming their religion or their traditions are under attack by the lamentation of people who are being denied equal treatment under the law.

This is one of my favorite gay-hater arguments.  Like somehow finally saying outloud that there is the REALITY that homosexuals exist in the world is suddenly going to remove from the human genome the dominant biological predisposition for heterosexual sex.  Somehow, like, by magic, if gays can get married, 13 year old boys will no longer see boobies as magical things in need of groping.  12 year old girls will no longer hear boy bands sing and lose their minds and start weeping with no idea why.  The second some random gay couple gets married in some courtroom in San Francisco, the entire reproductive component of millions of years of evolution is just going to go POOF and be gone.  Humans will be extinct in less than 100 years.  It's frightening.  I can see why you are concerned.

And yes, 35 different perversions.  Soon as them damn gays get to wedding, the dog lovers is gonna marry their mutts, the bird lovers will be humping turkeys and, who knows, pretty soon horses and cows will be eloping and leaving the agricultural industry in shambles and nobody making yogurt anymore.  It's horrendous.  Thank god we have you to guide us.

Your imagination is truly hideous.   Too bad you we can't talk about what I think, instead, you have to broadcast your fantasies, pretending they're someone else's reality.

2. Jeff Berndt profile image73
          Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"We want our own specific perversion given the blessings of society as normal, and recognized by law as valued".     

Rather, "Since our lifestyle neither harms, defrauds, nor steals from anyone else, we expect equal protection under the law when we choose to marry."

"The "agenda" is consists of nothing more than an attempt to forcibly change millenia old cultural customs by force of law,"
          How, exactly? How will extending the legal benefits of marriage to gay couples change anything other than the ability of gay couples to marry under the law?

"and to use legal forced to declare their specific perversion of choice to be "good" and "normal"."
          Dude, nobody is agitating for a law that forces you to approve of gay marriage. Nobody is trying to make you attend a gay marriage, toast the happy couple, and wish them well. Nobody who believes in liberty would want to deny you the freedom to denounce gay marriage, or gayness in general. Even repugnant speech is free, after all.

But since two guys getting married neither robs you of your property, nor physically harms you, nor deprives you of your freedoms, you have no business to be stopping them.

Disapprove all you like, but at the end of the day, it's none of your stinking business.

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
          Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't it be interesting if you had a gay or lesbian child, or a close friend or family member and then see how you so easily spout your definition of "normalcy".

Do you have ANY idea how many young GLBT people are either thinking of committing suicide, or have committed it because they are convinced that they are not YOUR definition of "normal"?

Education is one thing, and I'm for it. Pushing an agenda is two-sided. The homophobic agenda is just as twisted and detrimental to society as a pro-homosexual "agenda." Education of the facts is not about pushing slanted or biased material on to someone.

So all those kids that are going to hear the "homosexual agenda" that you are so afraid of are going to find out whether or not they are heterosexual without your, my, or anyone's "agenda." And helping them through education to find their sexual identity without having to go through suidical depression and possible suicide because they are not someone else's definition of "normal" is going to save lives.

Point is, just because you have no relevant experience with anyone on the planet who is GLBT, does not qualify you to define what "normal" is for anyone.

2. Blogging Erika profile image67
        Blogging Erikaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course if you're part of "the agenda" then you WOULD say that, wouldn't you?!  :-D

3. Ralph Deeds profile image64
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We should teach our children to respect and treat others with kindness, especially all minorities-racial, those with disabilities, religious and gays and lesbians . Strong policies against any form of bullying for any reason against any child should be in place at every school.

I'm not aware of any homosexual "agenda" other than being treated with dignity, respect and equality under the law to which they are entitled under the Constitution.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"We should teach our children to respect and treat others with kindness, especially all minorities-racial, those with disabilities, religious and gays and lesbians"

Why "especially all minorities-racial"

Are they deserving of more kindness than anyone else?

Having read a lot of what you have written in the past I don't think you practice what you preach.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64

"Are they deserving of more kindness than anyone else?"

It would be fine if discrimination, villification and prejudice against them would stop. All they are asking is to be treated the same as everybody else.

"Having read a lot of what you have written in the past I don't think you practice what you preach."

For example?

"He's not a Tea Tard either. The right-wing loonies killed each other off." 

Need some more?

What I said is perfectly correct. There were three other candidates for the GOP nomination for governor. All of them did their best to jump on the Tea Party Express. Rick Snyder didn't and got the nomination because the Tea Tard vote was split among the other candidates and because he got votes from GOP moderates and some Dem cross-overs. If you don't like the term "Tea Tard," tough sxxt.

What I said was perfectly correct.

You do not teach anyone to respect and treat others with kindness.

So quit telling the rest of us what we should do.

You mean like Mr. Shively in the Michigan Attorney General's office? You didn't comment on the Anderson Cooper video.

No, I mean you spouting your hypocrisy.

I don't care about the video.

Why bother continuing when you have been shown to be what you say you hate?

Don't bother trying to cover it up.

2. profile image49
                WriteNow2008posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LOL I like the term 'Tea Tard'.  Can I use that?

I haven't tried to copyright it.

2. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No. It is because their dumbo parents teach them badly.  That's why "especially".

1. Medora Trevilian profile image61
            Medora Trevilianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry, but whose parents in particular teach them badly?

The ones who don't support the gay agenda, obviously smile

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73

"Are [minorities] deserving of more kindness than anyone else?"

No, but since minorities are both fewer in number and have less wealth and power in society, they are more prone to be victimized than the majority. In fact, it's the majority who usually do the victimizing.

2. weholdthesetruths profile image61

Oh, yeah, sure>>. QUOTE:  "We should teach our children to respect and treat others with kindness "   

I assume that you left off the part "unless they're Christians, who should all be publicly slandered as "racist homophobic small minded bigots too stupid to be worthy of respect".

You assume incorrectly unless you include fanatical, ignorant Evangelicals like Robertson, et al.

4. Shadesbreath profile image78

“An agenda to undermine parents’ most deeply-held religious convictions is aggressively making its way into our schools, and you can do something about it by donating to Family Leader...” [emphasis mine]

That’s how the article starts, asking for money.  He is playing off your beliefs to farm you for cash.  He uses emotionally active language to get you reaching for your wallet, and he is hoping you won't look for the obvious lie.

He claims the “agenda” is to “undermine parent’s most deeply-held religious convictions.”  That is a gross and unmitigated lie.  The “agenda” is that gays want to have rights of marriage.  No matter how religious you are, you have to admit that is what they want.  They want the right to get married.  That is the agenda.  You don't want them to, which is fine, but you have to admit that is what they are trying to do.

The “agenda” is NOT to undermine your religion.  There are no gays grouping up out there saying, “Hey guys, let’s go out and undermine their religion.”  They don’t care one dot about your religion.  They want to get married.  Period.

The author of this article is using scare tactics and deceitful language to create a false sense of your religion being under attack, when it is not.  You should be protesting against that sort of flagrant misrepresentation in your religion's media at least as loudly as you protest against gay marriage.  Fight against gay rights all you want, but don’t let writers at this website treat you like you are a stupid, mindless sheep.

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shadesbreath  -  Exactly right.   

elayne001.  -  And continually propogating this kind of excrement in homophobic threads like this is aiding and abetting.   You should be ashamed of yourself and the intolerance taught by your religion.

2. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Shades, I agree with you, and like you the first thing I spotted was the blag for fund to fight this agenda.... totally wrong, and I say that as a believer.

Organised religion never ceases to amaze me in it's marketing ploys to get cash from the gullible!

Having said that....

All aspects of life, secular and religious, should be taught at appropriate times in schools, with an obligation to present all sides of any subject objectively and with the intention of teaching our children to think things through for themselves.

Any agenda that seeks to mould children's minds to ONE specific viewpoint is error, people need to be taught to think and deliberate, and having decided what they believe, be free to hold and espouse those views.

5. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The LDS church has a history of supporting misleading propaganda about gay people. It should be ashamed of itself, and, I suspect, in 50 years from now it will be issuing apologies like it did for treating black people differently up until just one generation ago.

1. K9keystrokes profile image83
        K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Livelonger~I couldn't agree more.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
          Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fifty years from now the LDS and other churches will claim they LED the fight to support equal rights for gays & lesbians! Just look at how conservatives are now trying to claim they were all for racial equality all along.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

Here is an interesting bit about a Mormon leader who apologized for the LDS church's actions regarding Prop 8. The official apology was immediately taken off the net, probably because of the force of other church leaders who opposed his apology.

http://www.religiondispatches.org/archi … f_prop._8/

Additionally, the Mormon church poured in over $20million through OTHER agencies and organizations so it could cover its tracks about what it was doing. But the IRS uncovered part of it, and as a result penalized the church a few grand. Too bad it wasn't the whole $22 million. Info about all this is in Reed Cowan's documentary  "8, the Mormon Porposition." Here is the link, if anyone is interested:

http://www.mormonproposition.com/

Unfortunately, the LDS church is painting itself into a tight corner that it can't get out of. What is happening with gay rights and the church's actions against it is as big a problem as polygamy and black men holding the priesthood, yet the church doesn't see the problem.

The saddest thing of all is that very good, kind, Mormon members (and I assume elayne is one of those) take the hit especially hard, when it's church government that ought to be taking the hits, not the members who feel forced to go along with such abominable policies.

6. Pcunix profile image90

I think people who believe such things are not people I would have any respect for.  I won't even click on the link because it is plain what its agenda is.

I'll also add that this post caused me to unfollow you.  I'm not interested in reading anything by anyone promoting such things.

7. Deni Edwards profile image76
      Deni Edwardsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I didn't click on the link--why would I give something like that traffic?- but I'm not aware of any homosexual "agenda" being taught in the school system.  I don't even know what that means, to be perfectly honest.

8. Mikeydoes profile image42
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can't say that I have ever had homosexual agenda pushed on me or anyone that I know.

9. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kids should be learning how to properly read and write English and how to properly engage in general in society at a child's level, not force-fed controversial issues that adults should be ashamed to promote.
      Yes, the children are being fed hogwash under the guise of teaching them not to bully and be bullied.

At least they're not being fed carp.

2. rachellrobinson profile image84
        rachellrobinsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have to say I agree with you. It's frightening these days what passes for Honor's English.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

yes, kids are taught a lot of hogwash at home and hear their parents talking anti-everything and carry it to school. it's up to both parents and the school to educate which includes enforcing anti-bullying policies. when kids are being bullied at school and the culture is allowed, something is very wrong. these young people ending their lives because of bullying is tragic and is a cultural problem. when anti-everything sentiment is part of the home culture, how can it not affect your children? 

adults should be ashamed they're promoting bigotry and prejudices starting in the home and the media that's on in the home..  maybe it's the adults who need the anti-bullying education.

if society didn't encourage anti-sentiments, these anti-bullying policies wouldn't be necessary.

10. mythbuster profile image71
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How do you feel about fundamental attribution errors, prejudice and ignorance?

What's funny is to see people posting about kids not being taught to read and write properly in the same conversation with that article as the starting point.  Anyone who reads that article and comes to the same conclusion it makes BASED on what the writer actually includes does not have any understanding of how to read critically at all.  If it wasn't so frightening for the prospects of liberty, I'd be embarrassed for them.

1. mythbuster profile image71
          mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There seemed to me, Shadesbreath, to be a lot of distracting statements in the article...

*sigh* If people are gonna argue - just wish they would argue "to the point" without distractions... heck I'm not smart enough to keep up with too many side-issues lmao

11. waynet profile image68
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Noooooo....Call the cops!!!

Just kidding, who gives a rats arse!??

12. profile image0
      mloudermilk1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you kidding me???? Did Sarah Palin write this??? Just goes to show how many small minded, ignorant people we really have in this country. I would continue but just like this article, there's no point.....

13. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Slightly off topic but why is every photo of a person on that web site of a white person. Presumably there are mormons of different ethinc origins. Going by this list of columnists you wouldn't think it. Just wondering.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

Probably because the majority of members are white. Thus perpetuating the idea that the church itself it still racist, a stigma that exists especially among other ethnic groups and races.

1. Don W profile image82
          Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. Had no idea about Mormons and the whole blacks-are-inherantly-inferior doctrine. Their website doesn't do much to suggest that's changed. Is it still a matter of doctrine that black people can't be priests? Or that black people have dark skin because they have been cursed by god and have the 'mark of Cain'? Do Mormons fear an ethnic agenda also?

14. dutchman1951 profile image61
      dutchman1951posted 13 years agoin reply to this

As long as it is factual, reasonable, and based on truth about it, then I would rather my Child know about whats going on, and if I knew for sure that was happening, then My wife and I could engage our child about the studies in a good healthy discussion. Up front and honest.

There is enough hate and fear as it is now, and even though I do not agree with it, Homosexuality has been here sense times begining, and Truth is beter than blindness. We need a kinder world.

Absolutely correct. I was fortunate to have a comprehensive sex ed class in high school which covered homosexuality in some detail. And when I was approached the following year or so at a hotel pool by a gay professor from University of Washington I was able to deal with the situation. with a simple "I have to catch an early flight tomorrow and am going to my room to bed." without embarrassment to either of us.

Hi Ralph,  are you trying to infer that you were a pretty guy when you were young ?  It is not enough that the girls have been chasing you because they are attracted to the slightly bewidered Santa look you have going in your avatar ?? big_smile

Ha! I've found that the ladies like to run their hands through my soft, white beard.

2. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

i honestly don't have an opinion on this, but i will say this though. i think it's fairly stupid and ridiculous how many parents won't have their kids near gay people just because of either influence or they might get molested.  seriously, how is that a fair assumption?  hell, my mom was raped as a teenager by her own adopted father, and he's probably the straightest man i know.  therefore, that's proof right there that even straight people can be pedophiles and molesters.  just because someone is gay doesn't mean they're going to molest or rape kids.  anyone that says that is a freaking moron, and you all can quote me on that if you like.

as far as influence goes, i really can't say. i not a psychologist, so im wouldn't know how a gay person would impact a child psychologically.  however, i can only assume it would be about the same as a straight person being around the same said child.  however, i really don't know on that one.  other than that, that's my two cents anyway.

1. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree, I have been arround homosexuals for most of my life and have never been hit on or attacked. Of course that could be due to me being uglier than dirt, lol.

2. weholdthesetruths profile image61

As a teenager, I WAS "hit on" by multiple gay men who thought I was an easy target for seduction, for whatever reason.    One of them was the manager of a place I applied to work.   

I never even noticed it until the actions were pointed out to me later by a much older acquaintance (teacher) who also knew the man and suggested I'd not want to work there.   The others were random occaisions.   

We teach our kids to avoid the "seductions" of adults of the opposite gender and we try our best to determine who the pervs are ahead of time.    That parents try to do the same about gays is nothing but being a parent, a good one.

3. Jeff Berndt profile image73
    Jeff Berndtposted 13 years ago

What is this "homosexual agenda" I keep getting warned about?

4. elayne001 profile image77

Personally, I have friends that are gay and they have every right to be, but I think that it should not be part of our children's education. Leave that kind of education up to the parents, where it should be in the first place.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i agree with you up to a point on that. i don't think it should be taught as normal education, but rather as part of sex education that they offer at schools. I don't know if they still offer that or not.  However, i remember as a kid, each student had to get their parents to sign permission slips to learn about sexual education.  I think when it comes to sex ed, then homosexual life style should be a part of that, as i think the better educated people are about homosexuals in general, then the better off we'll be.  as it'll let kids know that they're still human beings like everyone else, and it'll clear up any mixed messages portrayed by the media.  after all, people fear most what they don't understand.

Amen. I was fortunate to participate in a pilot comprehensive sex ed class in my junior year in high school. It covered everything imaginable--the mechanics of sex and procreation, the meaning of sex (love and serious commitment) STDs,prostitution, sexual anomalies of all types including fetishism, pedophilia, incest, sadism, masochism, etc. Homosexuality was still considered anomalous at that time and was covered as such. This was one of the most useful courses I had, next to outstanding driver training, metal and wood shop courses.

1. Sylvie Strong profile image61
          Sylvie Strongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know that most shop teachers are gay, right?

Ha! My band teacher was rumored to be gay. My shop teacher was straight.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

But then, what are your feelings about sex education in schools? You must be against that also if you're against any gay education, I assume. Just looking for clarification here.

5. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

reading that article was quite possibly the biggest waste of my time ever.

EVER.

"hey, remember how people are born gay? Yeah... we should hate them... GOD EXISTS!!! FEAR HIS ANTI-GAY AGENDA!!!"

... ugh...

We can agree on that.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think we actually differ very much! We both want life to better for ourselves and our children - we just disagree with the best way to do that (when it comes to economics).

I would also simply like to point out that the philosophy of freedom leads one easily to demand that everyone should have their natural rights protected.

Liberalism, however, tends to contradict itself in this issue: it demands that people shouldn't have the right to be racist.

Anyway, Don't worry Deeds, I know you're a good man.... at least, from what I can tell!

6. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Oh no!

Now there's a Gay Christian agenda. yikes

What's a straight agnostic to do?

http://www.createdgay.com/agenda.html

7. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

"Homosexual agenda" is a term I can't really wrap my head around.  What is it, exactly?  I don't accept that gay folks are trying to make everyone gay, if that's what you mean by that term.  I've never encountered a gay person who wanted everyone else to be gay as well... and I grew up in the San Francisco bay area, so I've encountered quite a few gay folks in my life.  wink

If by "homosexual agenda" you mean encouraging people to treat gay folks with respect and equality, then I don't see the problem.  Do you have an issue with women wanting equal pay for equal work?  Shall we ban the "female agenda" in schools?  How about people of color wanting equal opportunity?  Is that the "minority agenda?"

All this to say: 1) I have no idea what this "agenda" of which people sometimes speak is.  2) I have no problem with children being taught not to discriminate.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

As always, Maddie, a clear, rational voice. Thanks so much for that.

8. lxxy profile image59
    lxxyposted 13 years ago

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_BRMr2D3unLI/TA2LNOaF4_I/AAAAAAAAAL4/pRaM5xRL6mA/s400/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

1. JayDeck profile image60
      JayDeckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The LDS arguing against indoctrination. I'm just going to let that sit for a few minutes.

9. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

that article is as much indoctrination as what they claim the advocacy group to be. they start out asking for donations. then talk about how parents should teach their children to treat others who are "different" with respect and kindness but if you keep reading, you see that is not really what he believes. first, why is different in quotes?  what does different mean? who decides? from the article:

Let me state for the record, unequivocally, that any harassment or bullying of someone because of their sexual orientation is wrong and should not be tolerated, plain and simple. We should teach our children to respect and treat others with kindness, especially those that may be “different”. Strong policies against any form of bullying for any reason against any child should be in place at every school.

if would be nice if parents did teach diversity without judgment, but unfortunately that isn't always the case. we can see that right here in these forums. Prejudices usually start in childhood from parents own teaching.

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

hear! hear!  you're so right - there are too many parents out there who teach their kids the very attitudes that cause discrimination and anger, not only about homosexuality.  So until all parents are not ignorant we still need to do this teaching in public school.

1. K9keystrokes profile image83
        K9keystrokesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

mega1~ I am standing and applauding!

10. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Well, we've settled that issue. Rationality and tolerance prevailed.

11. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

Another angle...A Miami Herald editorial recently pointed out that anti-gay discrimination is gradually and repeatedly, being recognized by the courts as a violation of first amendment. You must ask, are children being helped by imbuing them with attitudes which may well cause them trouble in the future?

In NY state, Carl Palidino, gubernatorial candidate, probably ended any chance of being elected when antiblack and antigay "joke" emails that were sent from him, were publicized. Also, two local officials in my area are under pressure to resign for similar gaffs. Discriminatory behavior DOES have repercussions.

Why wouldn't someone want their children to understand in general terms, what homosexuality is? Teaching them discriminatory behavior may well hurt them some day and education about the real world will only help them.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/16/1 … ights.html

Or better yet, just teach the little bastards how to read, rite and do rithmatic.  big_smile

12. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...wasn't there a thread on this a while back....

13. elayne001 profile image77

I feel like many of you feel about Mormons the same way some people people about other minorities. You are intolerant and even to the point of unfollowing me? What kind of support is that for a fellow hubber.

I just asked what you thought - not so much if you hated me because I am LDS. I think that is unfair since you probably really don't know that much about us - only what you have heard.

After reading all the comments, I feel that sex education in school should really include all forms of sexual orientations - not only part of them. Sex education when I was in 5th grade consisted of telling the girls they had eggs each month and the boys had sperm which could join to form a baby. Wow, the times have sure changed.

1. livelonger profile image86

Criticizing the LDS church's backwardness and propensity to support discrimination is not an attack on Mormon people. You do understand the difference, right?

Besides, your question, using the term "the homosexual agenda" (a term almost always used by anti-gay bigots, I'm sorry) implied your sympathies were with the article's author. If that's not the case, that's great, but you might want to reconsider using that term.

2. Pcunix profile image90

So now you say you don't agree with that link?

There was certainly no indication of that in your original post.

14. Randy Godwin profile image61
    Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Not surprised at anything the cult members of the LDS believe!

Where did you get the information that LDS are a cult? You believe everything you read, or do you actually seek out the truth about people?

15. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Not exactly true, Evan. We acknowledge people's right to be racist because that's a protected right under the Constitution. But we abhor racism.
    Kinda like "love the sinner/hate the sin" only instead of damning racists to hell, we work hard to educate and remind them that all men (and women) are created EQUAL. Which happens to be another phrase in the Constitution (which I know you know) that pretty much condemns the idea of discrimination on the basis of race and other superficial differences.

So really, it comes down to which language of the Constitution should take precedence? I vote for the language that values every citizen equally, without prejudice!

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73

"all men (and women) are created EQUAL. Which happens to be another phrase in the Constitution "

Sorry, MM, that's the Declaration of Independence.

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why can't you respond to my posts? I always accidentally discover that you're responding to my posts when I'm just scanning through the posts and occasionally see "evan" in your posts.

I can't even find the post that you're responding to. I'll just respond to what you wrote, with out any context of what I wrote.

Mighty Mom: "we work hard to educate and remind them that all men (and women) are created EQUAL. Which happens to be another phrase in the Constitution (which I know you know)..."

Actually, this is untrue. the quote you're thinking of comes from the Declaration of Independence. No where in the Constitution does it say "created equal" -- g'head and find a copy online and do a "search" on it.

Mighty Mom: "We acknowledge people's right to be racist because that's a protected right under the Constitution"

It IS a protected right, but the Supreme Court has unconstitutionally declared racism to be unconstitutional. So.... yeah... I'm not a racist, racists still own their property, no matter how racist they are.

And together, this shows you that racism is protected under the Constitution. period.

I'm against racism, but it is protected.

16. Ron Montgomery profile image61

http://rlv.zcache.com/gay_mormons_magnet-p147257332994631677qjy4_400.jpg

very creative - did you make this yourself? you have mad skills!

17. Mighty Mom profile image78

I always wondered if those golden plates had any secret writing on them. Now we know!

18. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 13 years ago

I have seen much evidence of heterosexual people's "Agenda" to make homosexuals straight but no effort by gay people to do the same.

Anyone heard of a religious gay group offering to "cure" people of their heterosexuality?

Me thinks not.

They would not be stupid enough to lose all credibility by suggesting such a thing.

I agree with others that their only agenda is to be treated as human beings.

19. rlmillerlv profile image60
    rlmillerlvposted 13 years ago

Being a teacher myself I can tell you there is a prohomosexual leaning in education today. My concern is this is not the forum for this topic the attempet to link sexual preference with race rights is disturbing. homosexuals in America today have tolerance and exceptace along with all shared by American citizens. Gays have civil union that give thenm the legal clerifications like marriage so why the rush to change the defanition of marriage? Social change enacted through the educational system is by nature socialism. What the gay agenda is seeking is more than tolerance and exceptance they want to shove their life style into the face of those who disagree and force them to like it. That is Un-American we have the right to disagree with you and shouldnt be forced the other way.

The gays are also pushing spell checking as part of their diabolical agenda. mad

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64

Just curious, what do you teach and where? I trust it's not English composition or spelling!

3. JayDeck profile image60
      JayDeckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having read your post, as a teacher and parent, I am more concerned with the damage you will do as a teacher than the "prohomosexual" leanings of my school.

20. Ron Montgomery profile image61

http://rlv.zcache.com/gay_mormons_for_satan_tshirt-p2358600979588664474btn_400.jpg

There's also a t-shirt.  We're working on a drink koozie to keep your beer or caffeine-laden soda cold.

Okay, now you are just sick in the head!

Sorry hubbers, if you are offended by what I entitled this forum post - I now realize it was a big mistake and hope you can stop the mormon hating pictures and comments. No one is perfect, especially me.

http://beta-newsroom.lds.org/article/th … f-marriage

21. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Elayne, what do you make of this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwObjKZg9Jw

Heh, it looks like someone's a wee bit obsessed. It looks like stalking. It might be slander/libel.

Anderson Cooper's quote is awesome: "He's a 21 year old student, you're a state official...what'are you doin'?"

Sherville strikes me as more than a little weird. Probably a Tea Tard. Attorney General Cox isn't exactly gay friendly, either.

Ralph, do you get that the phrase "Tea Tard" that you use so often not only derides the tea-partiers but also insults people who have mental retardation?

Your point had not occurred to me. My use of the term Tea Tard is directed at the  Tea Partiers, not disabled people or what ever the current PC term for them is.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wow, he needs to lose his position as a public servant.

he doesn't appear to understand that he indeed is stalking and cyber bullying. he doesn't appear to even have his feet on planet earth, 'out there' kind of mentality, obsessed.

I snickered when I hear him say, it's MY university!

22. Medora Trevilian profile image61
    Medora Trevilianposted 13 years ago

I'm rather old fashioned, myself. Would it not be better not to teach any sort of sexual agenda at all in the schools? After all, won't young people eventually figure it out for themselves?

I'm not aware that any schools are teaching sexual agendas except for a few where evangelicals have succeeded in installing "abstinence only" into school curriculums.

23. Mighty Mom profile image78

Wow, WHTT,
    You are full of spit and vinegar tonight. I'm worried about your blood pressure, dear.

24. alternate poet profile image67
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

Having read through this thread and seen the comments of the dribbling right wing christian morons - I have changed my mind entirely.  I say bring back the lions.

1. profile image0

Wow.  I (and I'm sure other Christians) can just feel the "love" and "tolerance" from you and several others here, while you claim to be FOR human rights.  roll

1. aguasilver profile image71
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brenda,

AP's just frustrated because he cannot silence us. smile

1. profile image0

Hi John.

I think you're correct about that.

big_smile

None of us claim to be tolerant of intolerance, to echo Goldwater's "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."

25. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Education teachs people what people, things and processes exist in the world and how to interact with them.  So why would mention of homosexuality be omitted?  That's like thinking not telling kids about sex will stop them from having it.

1. livelonger profile image86

Um, social conservatives really do believe that last bit. See how well that delusion works out for them?
      http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008 … act_talbot

26. 2besure profile image79
    2besureposted 13 years ago

It is not the school responsibility to teach alternate lifestyles to children.  Just teach them about getting pregnant and STDs!

But if they are gay kids, do NOT teach them how THEY might get STDs.  Trust the initiative of teenagers to rigorously think through the lessons and extrapolate possible issues that would concern them and their "alternative" life as related to those issues of all the straight kids.  Because teenagers always do that; they are famous for making logical connections and stuff. 

Plus, gay kids love being treated as if they don't exist because it allows them the freedom to get to figure stuff like that out on their own. Good thinking, 2besure.

27. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Serious question - straight answer please:

Can someone tell me what the agenda is that's being taught?  I don't know anything about it.

1. profile image0

The agenda is calling what is wrong, right;  and what is right, wrong; mainstreaming the homosexual lifestyle into our laws including those that affect the public arena including our schools.
      It's built around legitimate civil rights issues in order to mainstream it, and rides the coattails of those rights, and is probably the most outrageous mis-usage of human rights laws to date.

I don't know what Country or State you're from or in, but....the agenda is blatantly obvious in America,  to anyone who's been watching political news or listening on a regular basis.

We get it already.  It doesn't conform to the narrow-minded, bigoted standards of the least-educated 2% of American society, thus it is wrong.

Hate is sanctioned by God, equality for all people is the work of Satan...

We get it, we get it, we get it...

roll

2. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In your opinion - which is obviously not everyone's or even the majority's opinion about homosexuality!!! Most reasonable people are much more accepting than you

Most reasonable people are much more accepting than you

big_smile  EVERYBODY and anybody is more reasonable than Brenda big_smile

That's because the "agenda" is a figment of the social conservatives' fertile imaginations.

28. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 13 years ago

if the "homosexual agenda" is to pollute our schools and corrupt our children...

... then why were there more than 9 homosexual teens that committed suicide in the past month due to bullying at school?

What's that you say? the fact that homosexuals are born gay and then treated like sh!t during their stays at our schools -- often to the point of suicide-- and also being completely shunned by their families and unwelcomed in the neighborhoods that they group up in....

... that doesn't at all matter to you?

hmm... how'd I guess.

go soak your head, bud.

29. Freeway Flyer profile image83
    Freeway Flyerposted 13 years ago

The only homosexual agenda I know of is that gay people do not want to be discriminated against. This agenda, of course, is the desire of all human beings, so I have no problem with it.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said! smile

30. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

There is no homosexual agenda. Anyone who thinks there is has been spending way too much time listening to the lies of the church and the politicians they support. If anyone has an agenda it's the church. Trying to convert you to their way of thinking, and, if you do not agree with their views you are a sinner and dammed to hell, even though they can never agree on which of the countless religions is accurate.

We are simply asking for the same rights that are given to straight people, which is not going to apply to every gay person. I personally don't believe teaching 8th graders about what it means to be gay is necessary, just as I don't think it's necessary to teach them about any sex. Teach them about love and respect for everyone. Sex education in our schools is generic, and pointless, and should never have been started to begin with.

Ask yourself. You went to public school. Did you really learn anything from sex ed? Or, did you think it was just a big joke like every other kid. And, even if they do teach anything about being gay in school, it would be so simplified, nobody is going to learn anything about the reality of it, or care.

Sex and love is a learning experience better left for the individual to explore on their own, and constantly changes with age. Being taught about it takes all the fun out of it if you ask me. I was taught hetrosexual education, and it did nothing for me. Why would anyone think that learning about homosexuality would be any different?

1. parrster profile image82
      parrsterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I’m sure for many gay folk there is an agenda they push. The rest just want to get on with doing what they want to do; with the acceptance of as many people as possible. Will there be negative consequences to homosexuality’s growing acceptance as something healthy and good – the new moral high ground? We’ll just have to wait and see. Unfortunately those consequences will likely fall hardest upon future generations, but isn’t that always the case; one generation changes things, the next reap the fruit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)