jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your place in the world?

1. The Demon Writer profile image67
    The Demon Writerposted 7 years ago

What is your place in the world?

Do you know your calling? What is it that you want in life? What are you dreams? What is your place in the world?

2. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

To create art, to live art, to breathe art and to be art in everything I do. The creation and synthesis of art for art's sake is the last thing that still separates human beings from the rest of the animal kingdom. It's the purest element of humanity.

3. cockrelle profile image57
    cockrelleposted 7 years ago

I have never really put much thought into my place in the world. However I would like to think that before me end comes I will have made some kind of a positive difference in someone’s life. Or at least I hope.

4. mandyf profile image67
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

To simply be...ME. Reaking havoc on this world with a big smile, making people sick with my positive attitude, and finally after hearing "because I said so" from my mother I get to enrich my children with those very same words. To teach my children the importance of respect, why they have freedom, to teach them compassion, responsibility, and empathy.
    I merely want to wake up and be thankful for the first breath in the morning and my last waking breath at night, to know my children are great individuals with minds of their own and happy and striving, to grow old with the one I love and laugh at my sister and brother when their faces are just as wrinkly as mine and hair just as white. I want to know that by the time i have gone that my 7th great grandchildren will still be able to enjoy the soft warm muzzle of a horse and still be able to run barefoot in a field of green grasses and wild flowers.

My calling is to simply be and enjoy what is around to love those who come into my life regardless and to show others that forgivness is the hardest feat one can triumph. This is my place, this is my mind, these are the wonderful bounties in life my eyes see. This is simply Me.

5. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

I am a wanderer, a writer of life and the living, a being who is never fully nourished in my quest for meaning. I have tried to fit into a preconceived pigeonhole but without success. And so I find an outlet by falling asleep in one place and waking up in another. It took awhile, however, to find this "niche." And it isn't one I would wish on the unsuspecting.
       One thing I've learned is "steady as she goes." Rocking the boat never benefits anyone. And right now, this planet is being rocked as never before.

6. Briton profile image57
    Britonposted 7 years ago

I am a Licenced Aircraft Engineer, and its not what I am, it is who I am, I love my job, its the greatest thrill even after 40 years, to be able to walk into the cockpit of a big jetliner and bring it to life.
    Someone actually pays me to play with the ultimate big boys toy, and i get to do that every working day.
    Ever since I looked up and watched the aircraft fly over when I was just a young boy, I have always wanted to be with them, and there you have it, dream came true, well paid, interesting, no two days the same, lots of responsibility, and pride in myself.

Closed to reply