jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

India is said a democratic country then why only Rahul Gandhi is projected as th

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 7 years ago

India is said a democratic country then why only Rahul Gandhi is projected as the future PM of...

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

I don't know why I'm bothering to answer this because I've never seen you go back to your questions and even bother to acknowledge the existence of those who have answered; however.
    India is a parliamentary democracy based on the Westminster system, as such, I would presume that every political party votes for its own leader and that when there is an election, the leader of the winning party will be, in India's case, called to the President's office and invited to form a government.  That is how it works in the Westminster system.  I would guess that, Rahul Gandhi, is the leader of the party that is expected to form a government.

3. saket71 profile image60
    saket71posted 7 years ago

Your question answers the question, when you say "said to be". That is the sad and unfortunate truth, the power rests far away from the places where it was designated by the founding fathers of our nation, be it office of president (occupied by regional politician), office of CEC (called by Shah Commission inquiring the emergency as not fit to hold government office), office of CVC now (with a palmoline case in the backdrop), the dismissal of constitutional design is absolute..almost.

4. profile image0
    bhaveshdhanani03posted 7 years ago

Democratic reason is behind that.No other reason looks.Everything is fair in love, war & Politics.

5. docashp profile image52
    docashpposted 8 months ago

Yes india is a democrartic country with various political parties.The leaders of various political parties may be projected as the public face and future prime ministers of the country if the people of india vote for the same by free and fair elections.So any body being projected as a future prime minister will have prove him worrthy of that responsibilty as demanded by the constitution of a democratic political system.