Would you vote in a flat or fair tax if it was on your ballot?

1. rachellrobinson profile image81
    rachellrobinsonposted 7 years ago

Would you vote in a flat or fair tax if it was on your ballot?

2. dahoglund profile image83
    dahoglundposted 7 years ago

depending on the details, I would.As the saying goes, the devil can be in the details. For one thing I thing the constitution might have to be changed to eliminate the income tax so we don't get double taxed.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I would want to study the details but conceptually I would certainly be open to it.  The wealthy now pay the majority of the tax burden in America yet our politicians continually look for more ways to tax them.  The poor don't make the money thus are not targets for tax.  Politicians claim they are protecting the middle class yet the burden still falls to the wealthy.  In actuality, Washington has far too much revenue to spend.  We need to come up with a true budget that covers infracstructure spending to include government and see what is left.  If we reduce what is left, we automatically reduce the opportunity to pork-barrel or earmark which is what happens to far too much of our tax revenue.  If we truly want to burden the wealthy, then look at a consumption based tax coupled with a flat tax percentage which all Americans would be subject to each year. WB

working