jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think there should be a capital punishment for corruption of any magnitud

1. maheshpatwal profile image74
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Do you think there should be a capital punishment for corruption of any magnitude to stop this...

widespread disease from expanding its foot?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not. Corruption being viewed as a disease is false. It's not a disease and btw- we don't kill people because they are infected with a disease. Corruption is only a failure to do what is right. Nothing worth punishing by taking someone's life.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

capital punishment for corruption? surely you jest. and calling it a disease is absurd. corruption is about power and money, nothing else.

4. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

For starters, the world does not have enough prisons nor judges or lawyers for this to ever happen.  Besides, those doling out corruption can afford good lawyers, poor people are soooo much easier to prosecute due to lack of money.  Corruption is viewed in too much of a favorable light anyway, no one would agree to punishment for screwing our fellow humans.  That is where conscience comes in to play, unfortunately, those hardly exist anymore either.  Good question though.

5. profile image47
    240209posted 7 years ago

Not the Law of dead was too cheap, in my opinion  better  made poor or his property  was confiscated and included the state treasury for the welfare of the people

6. maheshpatwal profile image74
    maheshpatwalposted 7 years ago

Dear all,

May be i was too harsh when i write capital punishment for corruption. But i think that is the only solution to eradicate this from the system. Corruption is the major bottlenecks in the development of the  country where i come from "INDIA". We have all the resources from Intellectual powers to largest working force in the world, still we are seen by western countries as third world nation. This is a wide gap between the distribution of income. Country is run by the only 5-10 % of people from affluent business houses and family of politicians. There is so much corruption that money earmarked for any  purpose never reaches the hands of the masses for whose development it was collected from the citizens of the nation in the form of taxes and levies. In recent two big development amounts of more than 555,556 million  USD is being looted by the politicians and family of politicians.These are two very big scadals which came to the light, there could be so many which never saw the light.
    Thats why i feel to weed out the corruption capital punishment is the only solution.

7. naijainvestor profile image61
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

in my country, capital punishment could be deprivation of life or limb, its actually a disease in africa(corruption) and it spreads like wild fire to anybody occupying government positions, to me I think capital punishment is the key.