jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is the right to blame for the recent shootings in AZ or is the media hyping this

1. Scott_Grigg profile image43
    Scott_Griggposted 7 years ago

Is the right to blame for the recent shootings in AZ or is the media hyping this?

2. d.william profile image63
    d.williamposted 7 years ago

No-one is to blame for the shooting except the shooter.  However, one cannot discount the possibility that there was some influence on this mentally disturbed person by all the hateful rhetoric that constantly permeates all the news programs.  The negative comments by all parties (including the independents) seem to be more prevalent these days than in the past.  It sure would be nice to see that aspect of politics come to an end, and a little more civility restored.

3. Beege215e profile image65
    Beege215eposted 7 years ago

I think blame is the wrong word. How about we try responsibility instead.  The shooter is responsible for his own actions and behaviors.
    The question that begs to be answered here, IMHO, is: If it is true that he was thought by others to be impaired, why did his family not accept the responsibility of affording him help?  That's part of what families do.
    Trhowing blame around is useless and resolves nothing. Learning a lesson and using it wisely would be more fruitful.  Teaching parents about responsibility and making sure they teach their children the same.
    Each human being accepting the responsibilitiy associated with their words and actions.  We as individuals and as a society need to be careful what we say and how we behave.

4. shynsly profile image57
    shynslyposted 7 years ago

No. One of Loughner's friends just did an interview and acknowledged that he actually didn't pay any attention to talk radio or the news. He wasn't a conservative, he wasn't a liberal, he was just a nut who's been showing signs of his "distemper" for years. If anyone other than Jared Loughner is to blame for his actions... it's those in his life that failed to get him the help he obviously needed.

5. optimus grimlock profile image59
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

I was going to answer the question but beege and Mr. Williams share my same opinions!

working