jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

how can people afford the internet but still be on here looking for free things?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

how can people afford the internet but still be on here looking for free things?

i have seen so many questions about free phones, free money free this and free that. don't people think if they paid for things they would be better off?

2. chrisfdierdof profile image50
    chrisfdierdofposted 7 years ago

If you were given something for FREE and it was worth taking, wouldn't you take it, too? I surely would. For instance, if I found money on the floor for free I would take it if no one else claimed it. But at the same time, as the old saying goes, 'you always get what you pay for' still applies.

3. jwood00 profile image74
    jwood00posted 7 years ago

Some people cannot afford to make ends meet, and they try to find ways to lessen their financial burden. If it means seeking free things, why not do that? I have many qualms with welfare and other such programs, so I'm not advocating that. I think it's great to save the money I've earned whenever I can. Survival through ethical means is my goal. I do understand, though, that economically, it makes sense for things to have a price.

4. MikeNV profile image79
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

How can people afford cigarettes but not be able to feed their kids?

5. Stina Caxe profile image87
    Stina Caxeposted 7 years ago

The internet is a great tool for those who are looking to save money.  If I really tried, I could probably go online and find enough free and discounted item promotions to cover my internet bill each month!  It helps the consumer save money, and it helps companies generate more business.

6. profile image51
    DrPeterposted 7 years ago

Easy.  If I find a product that meets my needs for quality, specs, etc., and I can get it for less or nothing, it frees up more cash for other needs.  If I can save on those planned for things, I'll be better able to handle the unexpected expenses we all experience.  And If I get something for free that I wasn't planning on, at least by trying it I will have learned something new, and maybe that company will have a good long term customer for it's other products or services

7. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Free wi-fi????
    And if you're looking for free stuff, you should go to freecycle anyway. Also good for getting rid of your things you're not using anymore.

8. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

There is no rationale with regard to what people can afford and what they desire. At one time there was...back in the days of sanity but those days are long since gone. Now we live in the era of immediate gratification where no one has to wait for anything...they just wish it! WB