jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

is there a less exspensive way to have a copyright?

1. luv2wander profile image58
    luv2wanderposted 7 years ago

is there a less exspensive way to have a copyright?

2. saltymick profile image82
    saltymickposted 7 years ago

Depending what it is, if you make a copy, date it and post it by registered post to yourself, don't open the post,when you receive it, just keep it safe as proof you made the thing. This apparently works as proof of authorship for music. It isn't copyright as such but helps support your claims to authorship. Cheap: Price of a registered post. (I'm happy to be corrected on this).

3. JDeAngelis profile image62
    JDeAngelisposted 7 years ago

The easiest and cheapest way to copyright your work is to go to the post office and get them to seal it in and envelope then mail it back to yourself. Do not open it and it will remain as proof of your creative work.

4. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 7 years ago

In the United States, copyright notice has not been required since 1989. Since the United States abides by the Berne Convention, copyright is automatic as soon as an idea has been reduced to a tangible form (printed on paper, saved as a computer file, etc). You still may be able to register your copyright publicly or privately using U.S.P.S Registered Mail, but this is only for your benefit should your copyright claim ever be challenged. It is not required by law.