jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you believe a day will come when we'll not have the resources to supply food

1. Cindy2011 profile image58
    Cindy2011posted 7 years ago

Do you believe a day will come when we'll not have the resources to supply food to everyone?

I want to know if people recognize resources have limitations and if people think our food will always be available. Are we taking our land for granted?

2. Troyjones345 profile image34
    Troyjones345posted 7 years ago

God help us all if it does...there will be utter chaos=(!!

3. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

Food will soon be controlled. They are already hiding seeds from us. Soon people wont be able to grown their own foods. Its all part of the end of times.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think and hope what is going to happen is that we will get to the point where people will begin to be more self sufficient. we need to start growing food for ourselves instead of relying on others. i realise many people don't have the room to do so but that's where hydoponics comes in.

5. Cindy2011 profile image58
    Cindy2011posted 7 years ago

In response to what has been said here: Who has the control if it is not us?  If we live day to day without taking the initiative ourselves to sort out control over our own food, are we not handing our dependency over to others to control?  So inadvertently we are in control by making the choice to give it up.

In my mind, we have two elements contending with our food: man and the  environment.

Man can control the supply and demand of food by monopolizing its production and distribution.

The environment has the upper hand, as it has the power to reduce man's ability to produce food through crop destruction by drought, flood, storms, slides, earthquakes, etc.

So we have the choice to do or not do anything about it. Isn't this a scary thought?

working