jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your thoughts on the homeless.

1. lawrencebeach2010 profile image61
    lawrencebeach2010posted 7 years ago

What is your thoughts on the homeless.

Come take a look at the hub in which I just posted to better help you understand this question

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4676033_f260.jpg

2. Hello, hello, profile image60
    Hello, hello,posted 7 years ago

At this time and age and with all the money about and many charities it should never happened.  It is a disgrace.

3. Pente profile image82
    Penteposted 7 years ago

I have spent a few years being homeless. For many people it is just a matter of bad luck. Those people will generally get back on their feet on their own. They usually just need a job.
    While being homeless, I saw a lot of people that were using drugs and alcohol. They are not willing to give them up. They will stay homeless.
    A third group is the mentally ill. Many of them have more resources available than the unlucky, but cannot use them effectively.
    I have written one hub on the best state to live as a homeless person and I have a couple more hubs planned on this subject.

4. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I'm currently homeless. It is a sad spot to be in.

5. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

There are a variety of situations that make up homelessness but the underlying problem is a a mental health issue or addiction issue for the most part. Many of thes people have places they can go at night for shelter which are provide by organizations and charitable groups.  All these folks ask is that you follow the rules...no drugs, no drinking, etc. Too many of the people of the streets perfer their habit over those rules.  Then there are those who have taken to the street because they have mental issues.  The streets are too often the home of our mental patients today rather than asylums. As a people, as a government, we are not providing very well for these folks in many ways.  At the same time, these individuals must be declared mentally incompetent in America before they can be placed into institutions against their will...that task is not always easily accomplished through simple desire.  There are people on the streets who are mentally unstable, who are addicts trading away their soul, and there are people out there who are their own worst enemies who see themselves only as victims every day the world turns...it's hard to help those people. WB

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

speaking from experience, it can be a very scary lifestyle. there are many people who are homeless, i'm not talking about not having a home and staying with friends but rather truly homeless . i lived like that for years, eating from dumpsters, sleeping in fields and alleys etc., and it's a hard life. the problem i have with homeless people is that far too many people are homeless because they are either lazy or drunks and junkies and these people i don't give a second thought for. we can never get rid of homeless people because some people just don't deserve the help. it depends greatly on which group we talk about.

7. luckycharmz profile image60
    luckycharmzposted 7 years ago

I know some Veterans that are homeless because they find it difficult to readjust to society after returning home from war.  Some prefer it that way to cope with their ptsd. 

There are a lot of programs to help the homeless.  It's a catch 22 for many, especially those who have a criminal record.  Few people want to hire those who have a criminal history.

working