jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think Obama is doing a good job? Why or why not.

1. gclitty profile image89
    gclittyposted 7 years ago

Do you think Obama is doing a good job?  Why or why not.

2. mdiggs1234 profile image76
    mdiggs1234posted 7 years ago

Under the circumstances, I think that he is doing an excellent job.   With all the bush family left for him to do...remember our nation's debt was already out of control among other things that were a result of decisions made by the previous 2 presidents.   so I think with all that he had on plate from day 1..he is doing a great job...

3. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 7 years ago

Why do we put so much of what happens in our government on one person when it's clear that  he is supposedly limited by the constitution and congress as to what he can do? Unless we are currently under the emergengy war powers act  since we seem to be continually at war with some country somewhere  even in our own country.We had a war on poverty ,a war on drugs neither of which we won of course and now we have a unwinnable it seems war on terror and of,course I keep forgetting those pesky presidential proclamaitions that all our modern presidents have all utilized in the last half century.It makes me wonder why we ever moved away from having a permenent king  instead of a temporary one that we vote into the position every 4 years..

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

While I didn't vote for Obama, I wanted to believe he might just be the one to promote change.  I was disappointed when the government, led by Obama, went ahead with the Health Care Bill despite the countries outcries

I understand what is needed but when elected officials ignore what the people who elected them tell them--it is very disappointing--whomever they might be or whatever party they belong to.

Clearly things are not working as it stands now.  Could someone else do better?  I think at this point it would take a miracle to pull the country out of this financial crisis.

working