jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

As an American would you say Justice is still for All or has justice void in the

1. Sundaymoments profile image74
    Sundaymomentsposted 7 years ago

As an American would you say Justice is still for All or has justice void in the American way?

Is there really justice for the innocent or is our government spending all of there resources on making sure that those who have been charged really guilty? It seems that our criminals have gained more justice for there crimes and those who are law biding citezens have been casted out. It is apparent that our goverment fears the criminal rights and gives them the rights that law abiding citizens should have. What are your thoughts on the turn of Justice?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3977215_f260.jpg

2. puter_dr profile image86
    puter_drposted 7 years ago

I think that the justice system has an obligation to make sure that the evidence supports conviction before they put someone in jail for a crime. Arresting someone just on a hunch with no facts to support it should not be a way of operating a police or court system.
    We need to protect the rights of all citizens. Once someone has been found guilty, they need to be punished for the crime and pay to make it right.

3. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 7 years ago

Justice is still for all but the more money you have the more justice you get smile

4. Pollyannalana profile image85
    Pollyannalanaposted 7 years ago

Of course the criminals have rights, I have shown this with judge Savage who knowingly let a confessing rapist go right back to his victim even after the little girl 7 to 9 years old told what was happening to her, and as I say the man admitted to it! All judicial systems must worry about the guilty, never the innocent for giving rights.
    Illegal immigrants have to show no ID (how much of our life has the citizens had to show two to three ID's?)and are treated better and get more benefits than us the American citizen who foot their bill, not that I really believe any of the money we all spent so many years putting into the system is really there anymore. Outsiders are helped and other countries but our homeless including old people and men who fought our wars are rarely.

5. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

You can only get as much justice in this country as you can afford. If you don't believe me, then you have never been charged with a crime. Today, "justice" comes in the form of plea bargains which used to be back-door deals that courts were embarassed about. Now, 4/5 of trials end in conviction because only strong cases actually see a jury. The rest are haggled into pleading to lesser charges whether or not they did anything wrong. Ask yourself, if today you were wrongfully charged with a burglary, could you afford a $5,000 retainer for an attorney or would you have to use a public defender and face imminent conviction?

working