jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can we have boundaries and be Free at the same time?

1. infodetective profile image61
    infodetectiveposted 7 years ago

How can we have boundaries and be Free at the same time?

2. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 7 years ago

Pure freedom is impossible, there are limits to what one person can do. So to answer your question, I guess none of us are truly free. We're all limited by our mortal coils. Still, trying to achieve as much freedom as possible is important for our evolution.

3. N.E. Wright profile image81
    N.E. Wrightposted 6 years ago

We stop our toddlers from touching the stove.  It is hot and they need to learn that or they will be burnt. 

We need boundaries to stop ourselves from doing harm to ourselves or others.  Harm can come in all forms ....

Still, from an ancestry of slavery I love this freedom thing.  LOL.  Give me boundaries all you want.  I can read, write, and my child is sleeping in his own bed.  LOL.

N.E.

4. profile image0
    Dandraposted 6 years ago

Be realistic about the boundaries you set, and always look after yourself in a holistic way.

5. stclairjack profile image85
    stclairjackposted 6 years ago

learn the differene between freedom and licence,.... they are not the same thing.

6. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

It is a mental thing.  For me, boundaries are the laws, ethics, and morals of our society.  Outside of that, my life is my own and my thoughts and actions are my own.  I respect other people to the greatest extend that I can and I always will.  At the same time, you have to understand that life comes to you with its own set of challenges that are "your challenges"...they are yours to overcome.  Sometimes they constraint, sometimes they wear you down, but it is up to you to sustain and dominate.  That's what living is about.  From that standpoint, there are no real boundaries. WB

working