jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think the death of bin laden will strengthen the U.S?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

Do you think the death of bin laden will strengthen the U.S?

in the eyes of the world, will killing bin laden save face and restore faith in the U.S.?

2. rachellrobinson profile image80
    rachellrobinsonposted 6 years ago

I think it will make President Obama look good, as though he personally took part in the killing. It shouldn't effect Obama's ratings at all, but I have a feeling it will be the thing he is remembered for, doing what Bush couldn't, getting rid of the man that caused 9-11.

3. CMerritt profile image79
    CMerrittposted 6 years ago

I believe the opportunity is there for this to strengthen this country.  I do not think that Obama has previously shown the leadership ability to take such an opportunity, and utilize it to strengthen this land, that so badly needs it.

I think it does send a clear message to the world, if harm is brought to us, that we WILL seek justice, despite how ever long it may take.

4. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4994788_f260.jpg

Hooray for Team 6! USN SEALS!

Seems to appear that it would make US stronger - now the leader is Mr. Bump on the Head - I mean really - how well can a person plan and lead when they are constantly banging their forehead on the ground?

5. chasemillis profile image66
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

It will restore our morale, but I'm not sure about strengthening the US. If anything, it will anger al qaeda even more...

6. profile image48
    HealthyMateusposted 6 years ago

At this time it may serve to weaken our position, think of the stress between us and Pakistan. Of course retaliation is a real threat to consider as well. This won't make us wholly weak, however, just that moving forward is going to continue to be very difficult. How we do will ultimately prove how strong we are.

Cannot deny, finding and executing Osama bin Laden was a strong move by the USA!

working