jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How can we get longer weekends?! Do we boycott, petition, or what?!

1. ravenlt04 profile image64
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

How can we get longer weekends?!  Do we boycott, petition, or what?!

2. Neil Sperling profile image81
    Neil Sperlingposted 6 years ago

LOl -- make so much money in three days you can afford to take the next four off every week... simple really!!!

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

Yes, let's start a revolution!  I want longer weekends, too!  This 5 day work week garbage is terrible.

4. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 6 years ago

Join a union.  Unions are the only organizations that exist soley to represent workers.  They are the reason you have a weekend and don't have to work 12 hour days.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Work for yourself and you can take as many days as you want. Only trouble is, you usually end up working seven days a week instead of five.

6. Miss Info profile image82
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

If you are referring to extended weekends in the US, it will never happen.

The US is a highly capitalistic country. Since, increased weekends will only lower business productivity, it's a guarantee that businesses will be bitterly resilient.

7. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Don't sleep! You'll have another 6-10 hours each day if you don't sleep so the weekend will feel at least a day longer, and heck! half the time people don't know what day it is when they don't sleep so it works out for everyone... untill u forget its monday.... and lose your job.... well then... I guess you would have a LONG weekend!

I kid!

Some jobs have 3 days weekends. You work Mon-Thur instead of Mon-Fri like most jobs. You can become a nurse even. Most nurses work 3 days out of the week, but 3 - 12 hour shifts.

working