jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the best measure of greatness in our society?

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

What is the best measure of greatness in our society?

2. Hound Cat profile image59
    Hound Catposted 6 years ago

I would say greatness is when your actions create improvement without harming others in any way.

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

In a word...."character".  There is no better measure than to find those who have a strength of "character".  When you find those people, you will find you have a person who does the right thing for the right reason and does not expect anything in return either materially or in recognition.  We have a few leaders of that cloth in the political arena...men like Mike Huckabee.  In sports there are people like Walter Payton, Nolan Ryan, and others who have such strength of character that it permeates the game and all of those who are touched by it.  These are people your children can look up to without shame not only as sports figures but as life figures as well.  I have heard it said many times that "character" does not matter...I cannot find any truth to that statement except to say that it is criminally wrong in its conclusion. WB

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I would agree that character is the measure of true greatness. There is no substitute for character and dignity.

5. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

unselfishness and ability to put the needs of others before your own

6. shimla profile image90
    shimlaposted 6 years ago

True justice, security, happiness, freedom, wise leaders....