jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you knew a Government secret, would you tell?

1. Miss Info profile image82
    Miss Infoposted 6 years ago

If you knew a Government secret, would you tell?

When I was younger I didn't believe in secret societies and conspiracy theories, but that was many years ago. Many people today, likewise, do not believe that secret societies exist. However, Harvard openly has about four, while New York has at least six powerful houses. The caution with outing societies is that they usually retaliate against you. In many cases, the whistleblower disappears. If you knew of a Government secret via a secret society, will you risk all and tell?

2. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 6 years ago

A person would have to be a fool to risk all and tell a government secret.  The ones who have been caught like Alger Hiss and Mr. Ames have paid the price and are behind bars for life.

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

Having held a top secret clearance and a nuclear flight qualifications, I have known some government secrets. Things are classified within government and the military for good reason in most cases as certain aspects of that information can benefit our enemies and do potential damage to our own country.  Things are generally not held in secret like some school girl crush on the high school quarterback.  Those possessing such information have taken an oath to defend the country at all costs and to safeguard the assets of the country which includes any classified information that person comes into contact with in the course of their work.  This does not constitute a secret society or any vile attempt to deceive the public, it is simply the process of managing and controlling information of a sensitive nature.  To divulge such information demonstrates a total disregard for responsibility, accountability, and maturity.  WB

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Secret societies are part of the American culture and we have had them since the beginning. They're just a place for men to get away from their wives and tell each other secrets that don't mean anything. Some of them carry bonds of fraternal support (i.e. getting a job), but there is nothing more to it than that. The secrets of the government are kept by ambitious little middle class worms who clamor for social mobility by trying to get one of thousands of bureaucratic positions in the White House or federal departments. The cleverest among them don't believe in what they are doing or saying, but do what they can to get ahead so that one day they can "change things". The rest of the people in the government stupidly believe in what they are doing. As for the few who do leak the secrets, just look at that Wikileaks kid from the army and see what happened to him.

5. jtyler profile image57
    jtylerposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't tell the secret as long as what they're trying to keep secret is completely constitutional, not wrong in any way, and is in the best interest of the country.  If the US was planning to do something harmful to its own people, I most certainly would tell.  It would be my duty.

6. KK Trainor profile image60
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

I think there are sometimes good reasons for secrets. It's not my place to disclose something that the government keeps a secret unless it's causing innocent people to die. Even then, it may be for the greater good, so it's a tough call.

7. somethgblue profile image85
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Sure, as the key to any secret is whether or not you are believed. I have told many Government secrets however if I can find them out how secret can they actually be?

So I ask you what exactly do you consider a secret . . . after all if they are open then they aren't a secret!