jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Would you call the police on your neighbor if you suspected a meth addict is mak

1. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Would you call the police on your neighbor if you suspected a meth addict is making a home 'brew'?

Making meth at home is a Wile E. Coyote recipe of danger, combining boundless energy, false confidence and explosive chemicals.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5193783_f260.jpg

2. cydro profile image88
    cydroposted 6 years ago

yes, because they explode.

here is video proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOdE_iQawUw

3. profile image51
    druhepkinsposted 6 years ago

Absolutely not. I don't peek through windows and call the authorities on neighbors, especially not to drag them through the system for drugs. People's lives can get completely destroyed from drug charges, or from false suspicions and assumptions. If I really believed it I'd probably confont them myself first and play if off like people are talking and judge from there.

4. netbizman profile image60
    netbizmanposted 6 years ago

The key word in your question is "suspected" - that would make me hesitate to call the police. As druhepkins stated below if you're suspicions are wrong it can destroy a person or family's life.

I would keep my antenna up though and start a journal documenting dates, people, cars, and suspicous activity. Build a case and then if the evidence starts to mount you may want to talk to the police.

If you can present them with some evidence they might start their own stakeout or investigation.

It's a tough position you find yourself in, especially with something like Meth.

I hope your suspicions are wrong, but if not be ready to make the right decision.

5. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago
  6. Adventure Colorad profile image82
    Adventure Coloradposted 6 years ago

I agree with several of the other posters that suspecting isn't much.  You would need more than just a thought that they are doing it, and so are the police.  They can't just go into the house and check it because a neighbor thinks that there is something going on.  They would need additional evidence to get into the house, or at the very least, permission from the homeowner (which isn't very likely if they are actually making drugs in there).

In the end, I would call, but only if I had some evidence to back up my theory.  Meth operations can be dangerous in both fire danger and fumes. 

I do disahree that their lives would be ruined just by an allegation, if no drugs were found, there wouldn't be any criminal charges.  If drugs are found, then they chose to ruin their own lives.

7. ptosis profile image75
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5197219_f260.jpg

The LAST thing I would do is confront = you're dead.
    Won't call 911 and ID yourself, (corruption) - you're dead.

Meth lab is VERY distinct smell - that's why hotel rooms are used because have to keep moving to evade detection. Once a hotel room is used as a meth lab - that room can no longer be used becuase it's a EPA disaster toxic area.

Would have to call anonmously through the DEA from a payphone and give a tip -  if it's near my home.

8. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Ah yes, the moonshiners of the 21st Century. Only if I felt my life were in danger, would I call the police.

working