jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If you survived a Doomsday scenario, what 3 modern conveniences would you try to

1. L. Spikes profile image89
    L. Spikesposted 6 years ago

If you survived a Doomsday scenario, what 3 modern conveniences would you try to reestablish first?

Picture one of those post-apocalyptic movies or books where governments break down and everything technology-based stops being operational and humans basically have to start over with the remnants of what's left. Let's consider government/rule of law as a possible "convenience" option for the question.

2. Jonesy0311 profile image59
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

1. Fire superiority and ammo reloading
    2. Running water/ showers
    3. Music

3. DonDWest profile image61
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

1. Toothpaste
    2. Toilet Paper
    3. Baths/showers

4. maplethorpej profile image73
    maplethorpejposted 6 years ago

1. Refrigeration

2. Hot water

3. Firearms (hunting / protection)

5. Midianite profile image59
    Midianiteposted 6 years ago

1. sustainable foods
    2. internet
    3. clean water.

6. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

1. Good drinking water. I get thirsty easily.
    2. Toilet paper (I've been without, and don't like it!)
    3. Printing. Rebuilding civilization would be tough without it.

7. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

A fridge, A stove and A car would be my first three.

8. abrarr profile image60
    abrarrposted 6 years ago

1- Pure water
    2- Place for worship
    3- Equipment to hunt and cook

9. Alternative Prime profile image74
    Alternative Primeposted 6 years ago

- My connection to HubPages -

- My connection to "Cable TV" - Just because the world has conveniently decided to end without my consent or permission doesn't mean I need to miss the latest episodes of everyone's favs like "Ghost Hunters" Ghost Adventures" "Ghost Lab" "My Ghost Story" "Celebrity Ghost Stories" "Casper The Friendly Ghost".. Or re-runs of blockbuster silver screen award winning productions like "Ghost Busters" "The Ghost & Mrs Muir" "Ghost" and my all time fav "Ghosts of Mars" ... -

- A "Phone Book" So I could establish personal contact with those "Dual Survival" Guys....I think under these circumstances we all need to learn how to make fire by rubbing a toothpick and swatch of steel wool together....And believe me, finding a toothpick is the easy part but those "Steel Wool" trees are few and far between out in the wild.... -