jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How will you act against poverty?

1. Mavhe Quijada profile image56
    Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago

How will you act against poverty?

It is a common social issue. Most people blame this on the government knowing to themselves that haven't contributed yet for the resolution of this matter. If you are to act against poverty, what will you do?

2. Moms-Secret profile image82
    Moms-Secretposted 6 years ago

Thankfully, I am able to share my blessings no matter how small they are.  I contribute by donating coupons to our troops, donating anything that is useful and no longer needed, my husband is a giver to charities, we participate in food drives, and do what we can.  While I do not give money to those on the street, I have on occasion driven by them to get some food and came back to deliver it. 
    Is it enough? Probably not, but we do what we can and it is teaching my daughter about stewardship.

3. cbl2988 profile image59
    cbl2988posted 6 years ago

Pursue my own self interest. The truth is, the elimination of all poverty is impossible. Which system does the best job or gets the closest to that ideal? Capitalism!

4. lone77star profile image84
    lone77starposted 6 years ago

Poverty is not necessarily bad, but suffering is.

The worst kind of poverty is poverty of the soul. This is ego.

Improve education is one way. Write more Hubs.

I have experienced both poverty and prosperity. Being rich is nice, physically, but there are spiritual costs.

For those living in poverty, we need to ensure they do not suffer from malnutrition, disease or violence. We can help those aspects with education and generosity (preferably the anonymous kind).

5. dtchosen profile image59
    dtchosenposted 6 years ago

By the sweat of our forehead we can provide for our needs. This means that we have to stop blaming others and start being responsible for our own lives. Get a job...

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

poverty is part of human existence. do all you want but it will never go away. you can give some people all you want but as soon as they have to defend for themselves, they give up.

7. Marcy-Lipton profile image60
    Marcy-Liptonposted 6 years ago

I would not act against poverty since it is a result of a problem.

I would act against the problem, unfortunately there is more than one problem.

8. abrarr profile image59
    abrarrposted 6 years ago

I don't know but i think i read and islamic book in which there was a very good and realistic solution of this problem. Keep reserves of that much which you need for today and forget tomorrow, god will take care of that and if you have more than you need pass it on to the needy ones.

9. KK Trainor profile image61
    KK Trainorposted 6 years ago

I guess it's not solving the big problem, but I donate to food banks and send food vouchers to military families. No one should go hungry in this great country.

10. Mavhe Quijada profile image56
    Mavhe Quijadaposted 6 years ago

it's still good to know that you are still into doing something to promote anti-poverty

11. Laura in Denver profile image80
    Laura in Denverposted 6 years ago

As poor as I am at the moment, I am always able to collect items or clothing from my house and call ARC or DAV to come pick them up. At the moment, this is the best I can do.

I have considered teaching free classes at the library. Checking into that now. Knowledge is power to teach a person to make money rather than ask for handouts. Slim handouts in these times of cutbacks.