Investigation of Crimes Against Children

  1. Galadriel Arwen profile image75
    Galadriel Arwenposted 8 years ago

    Should Social Workers be the ones who investigate in home Child Abuse instead of the police? And if so, shouldn't the Child Welfare workers be in the Department of Law Enforcement instead of the Department of Economic Security?

  2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

    Should we better just take all the children from parents and give them to social workers to bring up? This will guarantee that our children are brought up according to government approved standards.

  3. ledefensetech profile image72
    ledefensetechposted 8 years ago

    I'd say no.  I've seen Family Services screw the pooch too many times to be comfortable with that idea.  Part of the problem is red tape, another problem is the crap the caseworkers have to put up with.  Most of them are underpaid and overworked and turnover is so bad, you hardly ever get workers who actually work with the parents and kids and you know, develop a relationship with them.  Without that relationship, you're going to fail.