jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Are There Any Crimes That Deserve The Death Penalty?

1. PhoenixV profile image78
    PhoenixVposted 19 months ago

Are There Any Crimes That Deserve The Death Penalty?

2. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 19 months ago

Crimes against children have no forgiveness. This is the only place where I am absolutely rigid in my belief.

1. profile image0
      ElendilsHeirposted 19 months agoin reply to this

LIke abortion?

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

@Cissy, EXACTLY, in total agreement here. @ElendilsHeir, abortion isn't a crime. It is a medical procedure no more no less, THANK YOU.

3. PhoenixV profile image78
      PhoenixVposted 19 months agoin reply to this

If it was simply a medical procedure, they would not have to " kill it". They would just remove it. But they know if they did that, the baby would struggle and slowly die. Or maybe even live for some time.

4. profile image0
      Cissy1946posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Sorry, I don't count abortion. But I know your type. Staunchly defend the rights of an unborn fetus and let a child starve, be abused, or die from exposure because you can't be bothered with them once they're born.

3. lions44 profile image100
    lions44posted 19 months ago

Yes.  Terror attacks, and other mass murders.  Dylan Roof is a perfect example. Micah Johnson would have been.

I would like see serial killers started getting again as well. But the States make deals in order to find all the bodies (which they never really seem to do).

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

Intentional brutal murders, so that the murderer can't take innocent lives upon escape or within prison, as respect for the value of the life of the person murdered and dissuade others from murdering
    Planning mass murder - such that the masterminds of mass terrorist attacks die as well as the suicide bombers

5. The0NatureBoy profile image54
    The0NatureBoyposted 19 months ago

Treason is a crime that once carried the death penalty, does it deserve it or not I can not say but for the government to allow "Pearl Harbor" to get into WW2 and 9/11 to go to war in "the middle east" I think it should be punished by death.  I believe that is the main reason the government eliminated the death penalty, they knew if they were ever caught -- like my hub "Why And How The U.S. Government Should Be Overthrown" does for 9/11 -- the entire government could be killed for protecting 9/11's treasonous act per U.S. Constitution Article 3 section 3.

working