jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The S word - Shyness.

1. Rehana Stormme profile image83
    Rehana Stormmeposted 6 years ago

The S word - Shyness.

Have you ever been called 'shy'? How does it make you feel when someone calls you 'shy'? And how do you respond? Any tips/advice to overcome 'shyness'?

2. manthy profile image77
    manthyposted 6 years ago

jUST BE YOURSELF, IF YOU ARE SHY,IT IS OK,DON'T TRY TO BE SOMETHING YOU AREN'T IT WON'T WORK

3. PoliCommandments profile image58
    PoliCommandmentsposted 6 years ago

I haven't been called shy in quite some time. However, there are times where being shy is appropriate in some regard.  Indeed, the best you can do is to monitor what you say, and make sure that your actions are appropriate.  Sometimes, it is necessary to step out of your comfort zone.  This will lead to the prize of having a new experience, and possibly impressing someone.  However, thinking before you act is the best philosophy through which to rule your responses  After all, actions speak louder than words.

4. nabeelplus profile image60
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

yes i do get shy, but to those who are not close to me or new to me ....otherwise i am very confident

5. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

1st-Q Yes

2nd-Q not a problem today, but when much younger it didn't help. I learned it means different things in different social settings or situations. The best thing I learned is sometimes,not all the time, when a young woman asked me if I was shy it was a signal that approaching her was OK.

3rd-Q again when more youthful and it was a friend of the same gender I punched 'em in the nose (smile)

4th-Q A) tips take a sociology class and an intro to psychology if you can. you will discover things about people in general that will empower you on the intellectual side. Look into wellness and the wellness circle. Look into the 10 different kinds of intelligence. And most importantly remember "you are a unique individual unto yourself and there is nobody else like you are" Many have similar interests, likes, dislikes etc., but you are you and that is cool.

4th-Q B) remember, these are my view and not gospel. Shyness is a positive thing in many cases. It is a cautious behavior, usually a protective mode of personality for some cause. Learn to trust your shyness as a friend. I would bet you are not shy when in a comfortable situation, eh? With experience(s) we gain knowledge and understanding becoming more comfortable in varying circumstances and various social settings. And, remember to smile and have fun, fun, fun , , ,

Closed to reply

working