jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why a person blame others for his failures?

1. Kawaljit kaur profile image70
    Kawaljit kaurposted 6 years ago

Why a person blame others for his failures?

2. Blond Logic profile image97
    Blond Logicposted 6 years ago

I have seen this many times and even find myself doing it on occasion. I think we don't want to be the one responsible and so for anything that has gone wrong we look for a scapegoat.

This is a far reaching problem and it has developed into a blame culture. In the States, it is no longer, "that was bad luck", but now "Someone is to blame, let's sue them".

I think everyone has to take responsibility for their actions, or inactions, and say, "I am in this position because of what I did." When things are going well, we are quick to take credit.

Interesting question, thank you.

3. profile image0
    Ali-Mostofizadehposted 6 years ago

The reason can be misunderstanding, but most of the time the person can't accept or disagree that he, himself is the main reason. This is a natural inner defense mechanism. Just the people with emotional and intellectual maturity accept the real causes of failures.

4. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

I think all of us do this on a varying scale. That's human nature. But, thinking about this from another perspective, all that happens is pre ordained. We are just a mode of transmission.

5. mackyanderson profile image60
    mackyandersonposted 6 years ago

I've also been in this kind of situation in my life, there are such person that do things like this. This is proven fact that they are a real loser! To the fact that they are the one who made failures in their life.

6. TIMOBILE profile image61
    TIMOBILEposted 6 years ago

this is because we want to shy away from our responsibility. We dont believe we can let ourselves down by not doing the right thing. we believe we are at our present best and that is enough.
    I think it is very common among youths and this have to change.
    Lets see the reason for the failure first before blaming anybody ad this should include oneself.

7. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

For the most part I think anyone who does such is insecure or perhaps not comfortable in their own skin.

8. patbess profile image57
    patbessposted 6 years ago

Simply because it is much easier to blame others than to have a hard look at yourself and admit that you are responsible for your failures. When I was younger, I guess I did that a lot. As i got wiser, I realized that I am the only one responsible for my failures and the only one who can learn from them.

9. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

For most people, I believe it is simply easier to blame someone else instead of taking responsibility for ones own actions.

10. JenJen0703 profile image83
    JenJen0703posted 6 years ago

I have dealt with many people who have this general attitude.  It is unfortunate for the victim of the blame, and this seems to be a key element with abusers in abusive relationships.  For some people, who have difficulties dealing with reality, blame others for their failures because it's easier for them to do that than to make the necessary changes in their lives to prevent these failures from repeating themselves.