How do you define yourself?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. sweethearts2 profile image77
    sweethearts2posted 12 years ago

How do you define yourself?

By your religion, education,role, gender, financial status.  How do you define others?

2. Attikos profile image81
    Attikosposted 12 years ago

I define myself as me, and that's no one else's business. I define others as who they are, which is their business and not mine. What else is there?

3. heavenbound5511 profile image63
    heavenbound5511posted 12 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5632412_f260.jpg

I am created by God- sustained by God. I am loved by God. I  am saved, forgiven, healed and restored because of Jesus from my own mistakes, short-comings and it's effects.
    So in Jesus I am free- free to choose the right things, free from condemnation, ridicule, and low self esteem. Everything that God created is good- so I am Good-with the potential to do good through following God's good plan. Along with others- God created them and loves them just as he does me- they have the potential to do good also with following God's plan- to be able to choose life abundantly.
    All of us have been gifted with something special from God- using these gifts while in relationship with God brings him glory. God has made us all very unique but we all need love for survival and also revival. God has this love, gives us love (Jesus free salvation plus more) We are to turn around and give this love back.
    I am here to give, love, be a blessing- love God-be loved by God- to use the gifts he has given me to cause others to come and receive the same life, freedom from sin, love, restoration, God's holy spirit,  and peace in Jesus.
    ^^This is what define's me and how I will define others.^^

How we live our lives and the choices we make truly define if we have met our creator, savior or not- if we have truly met him we would love, forgive and trust God.If we need love come to Jesus and this will be the defining moment of your life!

4. profile image0
    Charlene Marianoposted 12 years ago

A person is defined by his or her actions which are based on his or her philosophy in life.

5. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

There is no definition it just is what it is.....even if you defined yourself someone is bound to come and put you in a box they have "perceived" exist.  Only to gag when they find out otherwise.  So whats the point of being arrogant enough to believe you have a definition.  You have nothing to prove to anyone!

6. profile image60
    nasakeposted 12 years ago

the definition of me is... I'm me. You are you. You have writers, artists, musicians, religious preachers, office workers, labourers, hard workers, unemployed. But what we all are is human and individual. Once we start realising that we are on our way to a better world for our children.

7. advisor4qb profile image75
    advisor4qbposted 12 years ago

It changes.  I think I change every few years.  Even my "religion" isn't static.  My financial status goes up and down.  Being female is part of it, but I have been accused of being like a man in relationships (HETEROSEXUAL WOMAN HERE-don't misinterpret that!).  I have a college education, but even that doesn't define me. 

The things that give me a feeling of self-worth are the things that make an imprint on society like lending a helping hand to others and writing with the words that can sway the masses.  Making a difference in someone else's life by coaching them through a crisis-THAT helps me define myself, believe it or not.

8. Mr. Smith profile image68
    Mr. Smithposted 12 years ago

I define myself as a product of whom I love. I think the creator defines me the same way. I define others as those that I've been challenged to love and understand. What a challenge!

9. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

I do not offer a single definition.............I am this,expect, that I see it this way..........I agree unto this point.............I have this core value, until this exception.

I am an individual............I resent terms that others place upon me.   I so very much resent, the thinking, that because " she is this, she must think that"...........I detest that.

Because, I am pro- this............does not mean that I have not felt the loss of that.

STOP defining people....................

I AM here, and I have a voice..........listen, to the undertones, but assume no thing.

10. Arlynne1689 profile image57
    Arlynne1689posted 12 years ago

i define myself as unpredictable..sometimes childish.i have some weaknesses and strength..i experience pain and eventually learned how to deal with it. ^_^

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)