jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When unknown person approach you and say "how do you do", what would you reply?

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

When unknown person approach you and say "how do you do", what would you reply?

2. qeyler profile image58
    qeylerposted 6 years ago

depends on my mood..."Do what?" 
    ...I might say.

3. MissCue profile image83
    MissCueposted 6 years ago

That would depend on my level of cynicism for the day. My response would be either,"How do you do what...?" or, "A resounding, "I am fabulous, and you?"

4. Escobana profile image72
    Escobanaposted 6 years ago

'Great!' 'And how are you today?'

I can appreciate someone's interest in me but I will be alert if the conversation takes a turn I don't like. Conversations that start out of the blue can be quite funny and I am always in for a laugh.

5. Jeff Berndt profile image85
    Jeff Berndtposted 6 years ago

"Very well, thank you. And yourself?"

The conversation would then proceed until the bus arrived, or the elevator opened, or whatever.

6. Rosie2010 profile image75
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I am a very friendly person.  I always answer back with a smile.. "I'm fine, thank you.  And you?"

7. NiaLee profile image61
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Fine, how do you do?
    I will be cool because it is so nicely said and kind

8. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

I am usually pretty cordial and answer something like "I do some things well and others great... and you?"
    When I was in China it wasn't too uncommon to have little children run up and ask "And how are you today sir?" Then they would be overcome by shyness and run away before I could respond. This usually happened when there was a crowd.
    If they didn't run away I would drop down on one knee to be at their height and tell them "I am very well, y nehow ma? (How are you in Chinese). That always brought on a flood of laughter... then they would run away... lol.

working