jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How do you feel about working at nights and weekends?

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

How do you feel about working at nights and weekends?

2. GoGreenTips profile image60
    GoGreenTipsposted 6 years ago

I currently work the third shift, rotating four days on and four days off. Often times working weekends. it's great for writing hubs and keeping up with my websites, but socially it really bites. I don't see my wife basically for four days which is hard. Sometimes i feel like a zombie going days now without seeing the sun. It is definetly hard and hope to soon get back to dayshift.

3. nicregi profile image75
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I used to work in hotel industry and that sux big time. Imagine working when people on leave and even worst, weekends and public holidays. However, life goes on and I got to do what it takes to earn money right?

Yes, if you are willing to work those shifts, you can actually earn a lot of money through overtimes etc.

4. profile image0
    Zooey LeRoseposted 6 years ago

My current schedule was from 4pm until midnight in an office and I do not like it... it is awful not being able to socialize and see your loved ones until 3 in the morning... as for weekends I want to relax

5. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

I work all week long, so working nights and weekends is not an option for me....I would never see my husband, and besides, I'm sleepy by 9:00 pm!!

6. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I think it's definitely NOT for me...that's how I feel. On rare occasions I have to do this for work, but I do not prefer it. My energy level is lower and my productivity is mediocre. I've finally gotten to an age where I rise early and feel energetic and rarin' to go. smile

7. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

I hate working nights and weekends. That was one of about 10 reasons why I left the military.

8. thegamer1 profile image56
    thegamer1posted 6 years ago

If they pay me enough, I'm willing to work nights and weekend. Hack, I'm willing to work in Africa for a price!