jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Do you think that the United States is still the world's most powerful nation?

1. RobertoPortales profile image76
    RobertoPortalesposted 6 years ago

Do you think that the United States is still the world's most powerful nation?

2. Kurant82 profile image61
    Kurant82posted 6 years ago

Very good question after about 15 seconds of deep thought on this subject I have reached my conclusion.   Yes... I do.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 6 years ago

That is a question which must be qualified if it is to be answered properly.  If you are speaking in terms of sure military strength and might (i.e. technology, nuclear weapons, infrastructure), I think that may still be true.  If you are speaking in terms of the "human resolve" to fight for what we see is a threat to freedom and the survival of our nation, then we not have have the stomach for it anymore.  We are a society that is currently ruled by terms like "political correctness", "diversity awareness", and "global orientation".  We don't place expectations on others, we place them upon ourselves even though we may handcuff our ability to provide for our own survival.  Some might label this as compassion and caring.  Others, me in cluded, will call it what it is....naive and ignorant. WB

4. Steve Orion profile image76
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

Now? Yes. Twenty years from now? Maybe, but it's iffy. 30-50 years? Even iffier.

5. Cyrellys profile image81
    Cyrellysposted 6 years ago

We answer the challenge of a value system that is concerned about the power of the United States when all the People of the nation are more concerned about its character.  The definition of power is caught up in a perceptional struggle between materialistic corrupt usurpations and integral nature. read more

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Without a doubt, we alone are capable of destroying the world with weapons of mass destruction. No one can take that away from us. Economically, we are collapsing from within. It's hard to believe, but the world wants to see us defeated because we are hegemonic villains right now--a rogue nation that does not follow international law. Every time another country or group stands up to the US, the government is given another excuse to strip more of our rights away in the name of national security. Half of the US population has no idea what is even going on in the world. We are still the most free society in the world, but there is a slim fascist element running through our society and government's culture. Also, ours is still a racist country. Money makes a country powerful in my mind. Keeping large and powerful armies are for fascist countries and empires.

7. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

The United States is the most powerful nation the world has ever seen and still is. Unfortunately, like all the "powerful" nations that came before her, she is beginning to crumble  from within. The USA is beginning to show the signs of early decay. Will she follow the same path as "Rome" and slip into chaos or will a leader emerge who can rally the people once more. Only time will tell but I believe that time is running out and if the ship cannot be righted then the consequences could be catastrophic.

8. Engr subhan profile image57
    Engr subhanposted 6 years ago

ya becoz USA plane deeply and they cannot be defeated without world war three which is coming soon.

9. Chad Claeyssen profile image78
    Chad Claeyssenposted 6 years ago

Militarily, without question...economically, not for long.

10. Sottway profile image73
    Sottwayposted 6 years ago

How are we measuring power here?

Judging by your military, I'd say yes!

11. profile image57
    KConBizposted 6 years ago

The United States is the most powerful nation on earth now.   We are making one wrong step since the last congressional committee did not come up with a plan except to take the default plan and cut defense spending by an unreasonable amount.  A long time ago, Rome was the strongest military nation for ove 500 years.  They neglected their military and the barbarians over ran the empire.  Even with the worst decisions,  the US can last another 100 years.  We can do better.  It would also be the best for all people concerned with free choice and liberty.

working