jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you honor mass murderer and dictator Kim Jong Ill with a minute of silence

1. Cassie Smith profile image68
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

Would you honor mass murderer and dictator Kim Jong Ill with a minute of silence?

The UN did, just this past Thursday.  Thankfully, the US boycotted the one-minute silence. So did Japan and South Korea.  The rest of the members of the General Assembly did give that A-hole the honor.

2. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No, I would not honor him with any amount of silence. I see people grieving for him on TV and I ask, WHY?

3. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

We must ask ourselves if this is all because we're unsure. We're obviously not grieving, not in the slightest bit - it's quite like saying we should have a day to remember Mugabe when he passed away.

I believe the whole idea a child, who is in his mid-twenties, is now leader of a very powerful and obedient country. One which is under very strong dictatorship. We cannot rid the world of this country, because they have nuclear material which could destroy everything.

We must pretend to grieve, keep everything happy, so as we do not risk anger within the country.

4. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

You are letting your emotions get in the way of good sense,  Every human being deserves honour for their humanity.  We may dislike their habits or lifestyle; however, they are still humans with the same frailties, emotions, wants, needs, and desires as all other humans.

5. profile image0
    writeronlineposted 6 years ago

No way. No-one with normal standards of human decency could  use 'mass murderer' and 'honor' in the same breath.

But I guess that explains why so many politico/bureaucrats at the UN did bow their heads and say nothing. Normal practice for most of them when the going gets tough. Say nothing, don't rock the boat, keep the gravy train rolling.

I expect when Mugabe, heir to the top rank in the brutal dictator/mass murderer stakes, gets his, they'll do the same thing. Sadly, it looks as though 'getting his' will be a natural death, just like The Dear Leader. What a sad indictment on the rest of the world.

6. FitnezzJim profile image82
    FitnezzJimposted 6 years ago

Sometimes silence about a famous death simply means 'who cares'. or 'good riddance' or something else even less printworthy.

Who were you asking about again?

working