jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Should Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac execs be tried publicly, as taxpayers are fun

1. Storytellersrus profile image80
    Storytellersrusposted 6 years ago

Should Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac execs be tried publicly, as taxpayers are funding their defense?

Americans are footing the bill for Freddie Mae and Freddie Mac defense lawyers.  The case will most likely settle and not go to trial.   Is this justice?  Do you think a trial is required and should be televised so that the American public has access to all the facts?

2. somethgblue profile image86
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Yes, as plea bargaining has ruined the American Justice system. 150 years ago justice was swift at the end of a rope, perhaps if their was consequences for ruining peoples lives, folks would think twice about swindling their neighbors.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image87
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

I certainly do think so, and who wouldn't, except a crook?  We Americans let crooks go by way too easily and there is our government behind it all! Wonder who all lined their pockets on this deal? I am sure certain ones will see it doesn't go to trial.

4. ringlawncare profile image61
    ringlawncareposted 6 years ago

Yes! I mean was O.J.'s, Michael Jackson's, Timothy McVeigh, etc. trial funded by the public? I actually don't know or care, but were all these trials necessary for the public to watch? Has it shaped our country in a way we don't know?

Since this country was founded on Capitalism, I say yes, since we're flipping the bill again! I actually believe we (the actual taxpayer's) deserve something!  Good Hub

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Ouch, good point. I suppose it should be public since it's so important.

6. lovemychris profile image67
    lovemychrisposted 6 years ago

Freddie Mac deserves defense attorneys, as do any American accused of a crime. The ones they should be going after are Goldman Sachs, et al, who committed far greater wrongs, IMO. Freddie Mac pales in comparison, yet they are taking the fall.....
    Greediness as an aftereffect of an honest policy is not as bad as creating a false policy to rip people off.

7. pmccray profile image78
    pmccrayposted 6 years ago

You bet.  I worked as a  mortgage loan processor for 20 years and somebody needs to be made an example.  There are still more skeletons in the closets of Mac an Mae like FHA mortgage purchases by people with stolen or made up social security numbers that were never verified prior to closing the loans.  Believe me there are at least a million homes that could be added to the foreclosure boom if the owners were deported.

working