jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who won the debate last night?

1. JamesPoppell profile image84
    JamesPoppellposted 6 years ago

Who won the debate last night?

What is your personal opinion on who really one the debate last night. As for myself, I am not sure so I decided to shake the tree of my fellow hubbers  and see what falls.

2. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

I'm not a conservative.  But as to the optics and who made the best impression, I'd say Newt Gingrich or Rick Santorum.  Gingrich didn't back down from his controversial statements about forcing low-income kids to be janitors, and Santorum nailed Romney on his Super PAC spreading falsehoods about Santorum and felon voting rights.

I personally like Ron Paul's idea of a "golden rule" foreign policy.  But due to the fact that I was not the intended audience for the debate, I couldn't say he won.

3. JT Walters profile image76
    JT Waltersposted 6 years ago

The answer is very simple. The winner of last night debate was Barack Obama.  The more the Repiblicans tear into each other the better it is for Barack Obama.  Romeny slinging mud is exactly what everyone fears about him being a Mormon.  Barack Obama won without having to open his mouth.

4. Dennis AuBuchon profile image85
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 6 years ago

I think it was Rick Santorum but Newt Gingrich also had some great answers.

5. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 6 years ago

I didn't see it, but if Romney's lead in the SC and national polls are anything to go by, it really doesn't matter who won.

working