Does anyone really want to see Obama reelected?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Joelipoo profile image76
    Joelipooposted 12 years ago

Does anyone really want to see Obama reelected?

2. Josak profile image59
    Josakposted 12 years ago

Define "really" I am not massively enthused with his term, as I see it he hasn't done many things he promised to do BUT he did manage to do what so many failed to do and pass universal healthcare, he did manage to end the war in Iraq, he did manage to get Osama Bin-Laden and he did oppose and thus effectively kill SOPA so he has earned my vote, hopefully he will get to work in his second term, hard as it may be with congress as it is.

3. annart profile image82
    annartposted 12 years ago

I'm not well qualified to answer this question as I'm not American (I'm English) but nevertheless we are of course affected by what happens 'across the pond'.  Obama is not regarded unfavourably here, I don't think, and he comes across to me as more honest and sincere than the average politician.  The problem is always whether or not there is a good alternative and I can't see one from the way it's been reported here (whether accurately or not is always difficult to tell).  We have enough problems trying to believe any of our own politicians let alone those in other countries!  He does come across as genuine and I wouldn't be surprised if he were re-elected.  It must be such a tough job because you can't please all the people all of the time, in fact it's probably difficult to please even 50% of the people 50% of the time!  I just hope there isn't another like George W!

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 12 years ago

Of course. I see many people here that support him and feel he has done a good job.

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image84
    DzyMsLizzyposted 12 years ago

Not the ideal, but beats the alternatives.

6. harshad2011 profile image59
    harshad2011posted 12 years ago

I don't qualify to answer it as I am not American. To me the rest of the world, is not worried about whether Obama will be back? For them the question should be rephrased to whether Democrats or Republican?

7. Menjia_Rose profile image60
    Menjia_Roseposted 12 years ago

Yes, I would love to see Obama re-elected. I think President Obama served his first four years the best he could under such extreme conditions. People have to understand that there was a great depression in the making when they voted George W. Bush into office for an eight year term. If there's any blame for our abrupt economy welfare it's because of George W. Bush. Just think it took George W. Bush 8 1/2 years to get our economy in it's condition we are facing today, it's going to take time to recondition it as well.

8. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 12 years ago

There are a lot of people sucking up a lot of other people's money because of the Obama political machine. It depends on that to buy the votes to get him reelected, and it has a point. Many of them will vote to keep the loot coming.

9. Ameritopia profile image70
    Ameritopiaposted 12 years ago

Hard to say...but right now, the alternatives are not that great.

10. greatparenting profile image61
    greatparentingposted 12 years ago

Yes, while your question is worded in such a way that it seems you don't think so, I believe lots of Americans want to see President Obama given the time to finish the work he has begun and to help the U.S. move forward. He hasn't been able to deliver everything he promised but given what he was handed coming in I don't know how he could've done much better. (Although I wished for more, I can understand the difficulty in achieving everything.) We've had some very hard times since 2000, we may just be starting our recovery and to backtrack now might not be our best choice. Plus no one has offered any viable alternatives to respecting the choice we made as a nation in 2008. We have work to do here, each of us plays a part in our future. Keep moving forward and maybe we can achieve something great for our children.

11. sarahmkirkpatrick profile image60
    sarahmkirkpatrickposted 12 years ago

I believe that Obama did a great job considering the shit-show he was handed when he got elected. So for everyone that is not pleased with him needs to think about what he was given to work with.

I think when given the chance to work out of the trenches he will do great things.

12. midaso profile image61
    midasoposted 12 years ago

As an outsider (New Zealander) I can say that Obama is quite well liked here and it would be a surprise to most of us if he was not re-elected

13. DFiduccia profile image75
    DFiducciaposted 12 years ago

I’m a person that cannot relate to either of the two major political powers, yet I plan to vote for Obama. He’s had a tough run this term with constant stonewalling from the republicans. In my opinion, he is one of the hardest working and honest presidents we’ve had in a long time. He's also a good role model as a family man.

Obama inherited a wasteland of economic disaster that will take years to replant and nurture back to a productive state. In order to move forward in a positive manner, we need to focus on change and not on political ideals.

I particularly like his stance on the issue of wealthy people paying thirty percent income tax.

14. move2move profile image60
    move2moveposted 12 years ago

Personally? I don't!
    The only candidate that is worth something is Ron Paul and all the others are just political Pawns that keep up a destructive Status Quo into "Business As Usual".
    Obama isn't an exception in that matter.
    Even though that Ron Paul has real chances to be elected, the system makes it really impossible for him to be heard like the others as everything's manipulated from A to Z in the Mass Media.
    I mean ... even already dead people have bee used on votes as a mean to an End
    ...Who does that and what does that tell us about the reality of stating that the United States is a free country? With Ron Paul, at least people would have a chance to get back to that..

I'm not from the US, but up from the Hill, you can see what's happening down from it

15. Ealair profile image59
    Ealairposted 12 years ago

Personally, I don't want Obama re-elected.

It has nothing to do with Parties, I believe that there shouldn't be any parties. A man should have to run on his own platform, not a platform create by a group.

Obama didn't accomplish many of the things he promised (but honestly, who did?) and I respect that he passed things like National Health Care, though I disagree with it as a whole.

Presidents are supposed to be representative of the people who elected him and he was indeed elected and it appears he is doing what the people who put him in office required. So, my vote will go to someone else, but it's not personal. He's doing what he's supposed to, representing the people who voted him in the manner that they desire him to, I merely disagree with his opinions (which he, as well as his supporters, are entitled to and welcome to express).

16. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years ago

I do.  I think he got a bad deal in this Presidency and deserves a chance to finish what he started.  Things are already starting to turn around, albeit slowly, maybe he can take them the rest of the way.

17. xethonxq profile image67
    xethonxqposted 12 years ago

I absolutely do. I don't care for any of the alternatives. I also would like to see an overhaul in congress.

18. profile image54
    cgeissposted 12 years ago

Personally, I do not want to see Obama serve another 4 years. He has had opportunity to get things accomplished and did not. One of the biggest things he could have done to help this economy was the keystone pipe line and he declined.  I agree that there is a lot that needs to change in this country, but I don't like the "change" that Obama brought on.  I am sure that there are people who would like to see Obama for 4 more years, I'm sure the Occupy Wallstreet group is among them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)