jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are whales considered "people" under the US Constituion?

1. The Frog Prince profile image79
    The Frog Princeposted 6 years ago

Are whales considered "people" under the US Constituion?

The courts are being asked to determine if whales are people and protected by our Constitution.  What say you?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6146207_f260.jpg

2. The Frog Prince profile image79
    The Frog Princeposted 6 years ago

Hang on while I ask one.  They don't want to be is the answer I got.  PETA seems to need a shrink for sure.

3. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

I say the courts should exercise some common sense and mandate mental health counseling for anyone who proposes a petition like that, and/or prosecute them for wasting taxpayer time and money on filing frivolous lawsuits.

4. cjv123 profile image79
    cjv123posted 6 years ago

Just when I think I've heard everything...

5. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

So whales are people too now.....Seriously?? Well I heard they're saving rat families in DC area instead of exterminating them and moving them to VA. So it goes to follow.....

6. Alexander Mark profile image81
    Alexander Markposted 6 years ago

What tree hugger is asking that question? I love animals, but if whales are people, then all animals are people also. If that is the case, then it paves the way for court sanctioned beastiality. Yech.

7. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I've got to check my Pocket Constitution copy...but that certainly is one whale of a question. 

The thing is, folks like me and...well, my Metis medicine man friend, Red Elk--consider ALL critters to be people.  BUT that doesn't mean we here at the Border Fort treat the Coyote People and, say, the Rattlesnake People EXACTLY alike, now does it?

(The question mark is entirely rhetorical.)

Sorry about answering a question with a question.  I hate that.

8. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

What are your sources? Whales are animals. Do they have "rights?" I personally believe that rights can only be had by human beings since human beings are the only living beings capable of exercising rights. I do believe adamantly in animal welfare however, and I do believe in wildlife conservation and am against harming whales.

working