jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the Pending Attack on Iran Keep You Up At Night?

1. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Does the Pending Attack on Iran Keep You Up At Night?

The attack on Iraq in 2003 was not expected to cause major world turmoil, but the same cannot be said about the pending attack on Iran this spring or summer, which appears more and more likely.  Do you worry about the consequences of such an attack?

2. My Esoteric profile image92
    My Esotericposted 6 years ago

No, it does not keep me up at night even though you are correct about the very high likelihood of great world termoil; a nuclear armed Iran is even more terrifying.  Like North Korea, once they have them, you can't take them away.

President Bush was an idiot actually attacking Iraq, he had already won with his other measures and 20% of the US and the rest of the world knew it.  Why do I call him an idiot (stupid is over used)?  Because he didn't read his history, or at least ignored it and listened to Dick Cheney and Don Rumsfeld instead, rather than Colin Powel.  If he listened to Powel, Bush would have know, what happened to him and America was inevitable, it happened almost identically to the British after WW II when Iran was created.

The impending turmoil was not worth actually going to war in Iraq, it will be in Iran if all other measures fail and they are on the verge of developing "the bomb".

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I am very unhappy about the Iran situation, but I don't lose sleep about it because it is totally out of my control.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image58
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

No, it doesn't keep me up at night, but I follow the situation closely. Something has to give, and it looks like it could be war on several fronts at once. What's going to happen is going to happen according to God's will for His glory. I believe there are terrible times ahead, but there is nothing we can do about it.

5. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 6 years ago

No, not yet.

But what does keep me awake at night is my wondering if an all-out U.S. military attack against Iran is going to be Obama's "October surprise."

working