The next war to begin soon...target Iran!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. AngelTrader profile image60
    AngelTraderposted 12 years ago

It is all falling neatly into place for the US to attack Iran on behalf of Saudi Arabia. The US views the plot as state-sponsored terrorism. Secretary of state Hillary Clinton described it as a "violation of international norms" and said she would discuss with allies in Europe and elsewhere round the world how to further isolate Iran. And a spokesman for the British government has announced "We will support measures to hold Iran accountable for its actions."

Oh and the FBI director, Robert Mueller described the plot as "reading like a Hollywood script". Ummm well maybe that is where it came from. But in all honesty the US is terrified Iran is gaining nuclear capabilities so I guess it is time to jump on them!

Just watch the main stream media increase the negative coverage of Iran until public opinion is positively screaming for another war and we can watch even more innocents lose their lives.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nothing would surprise me about the Uk govt. I fear that war with Iran is also i n the offing. However, I fear that NATO will be taking on more than it can chew this time.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a possibility if Obama isn't re-elected.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, Obama REALLY wants a war with Iran.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I assume that was tongue in cheek, Evan.

4. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will wait to hear more evidence of the plot to make up my mind whether or not Iran hosted this event.

We have been chomping at the bit to prove the nuclear threat of Iran and maybe we are getting a little impatient so this may be the opportunity the spooks at the CIA and FBI have been waiting for.

When I hear talk from Hillary and others about the intent of Iran and what it all means I am reminded of other political reactions and events set in place.  Weapons of mass destruction or maybe a little farther back with the Gulf of Tonkin fiasco.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Israel dearly would like the US to attack Iran. Don't think that is in the cards, even though it has been predicted for years. The closure of the Straight of Hormuz would create world wide economic chaos. Now they are predicting Pakistan
    as the next war, simultaneous to all the others.

3. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

I agree. This has been in the making since McCain sang Bomb bomb bmb bomb bomb Iran.
    Saw him and Lindsey Graham in the audience when Ehud Barakwas speaking. Barak said "Something must be done about Iran, but not for the cameras."

Funny how USA/Israel/Saudi Arabia go together....*cough* 9/11 *cough*

Pretty sure Iran is in the PNAC papers as a target.

Just elect Romney and it's a shoe-in.

4. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Not happening anytime soon, that's for sure. It would require too much military and use of the most powerful weapons the U.S. has at it's disposal. Therefore, not happening.

Iran isn't likely to attack the U.S. directly either. They are most likely attack Israel first and foremost. And, if reports are accurate and Israel is Nuclear Armed, then Iran won't be on the map much afterward, because Israel isn't likely to take it easy regardless of what the rest of the world thinks.

1. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What would they attack Israel with, since Israel has nukes?

How is that benficial to Iran? Everyone KNOWS Bibiguns has nuclear weapons....

I'm more inlclined to think that Israel will pull another fale-flag as an excuse to nuke Iran.

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMC, it's most likely their first target, especially if Iran has developed or created Nuclear Weapons. It would take on Israel with as least one or two Nuclear Weapons, as a show of strength and to possibly target as much area as possible, in the hopes hitting the right spots to prevent Israel from striking back immediately.

And, as my first post said- IF Israel actually has Nuclear Weapons?(if you believe the governments of the world, they do), then Iran would want to take them down a notch before attempting(even thinking about) taking on the U.S.

1. lovemychris profile image77
          lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe Moredechi Vanunu. And he was imprisoned for 9 years for telling the world--7 of them in solitary confinement (I think 7), and now they are not allowing him to leave Israel.

But you know---some people think the stutnex virus was an act of war...cyber war!

A whole new ball of wax.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image60

Just a thought. But, what if.... Iran, like Libya, were able to produce a whole new bunch of freedom fighters? Limited intervention from NATO. Not suggesting in any way this could be another pretext for war though???

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not actually expecting Iran to strike first. I'm just saying it's a possibility they would attack Israel. If it's verified that Iran actually does have Nuclear Weapons beyond a shadow of a doubt, then there's a remote possibility that Israel will do a preemptive strike all on it's own. Either way, the U.S. isn't going to have a hand in it.

It's already bad enough that the U.S. continues to fund other Wars and as a Nation, we're in no position to start anything with Iran. It would take a HUGE collaboration with many other Nations to do any sort of attack on Iran and IF China is not included as one of those Nations, then it's even less likely to happen.

If it's verified that Iran actually does have Nuclear Weapons beyond a shadow of a doubt, then there's a remote possibility that Israel will do a preemptive strike all on it's own

it's the verification we have to worry about though isn't it. I'm thinking specifically with regards to the 45 minutes to destruction bullshit re: Iraq. Somehow, my gut tells me that the oh so independent press lol will ramp up the negative attention re: Iran. Then suddenly we'll have a brave bunch of freedom fighters, that never would have dared before (Egypt, Libya etc etc) Don't  think nuclear weapons will come into it. Cheap NATO interventions(although they're never cheap) and the new form of western imperialism will intervene. Meanwhile we have no real idea what China, US and UK governments are really up to, and what the real agenda is. Israel, somehow, always manage to take a back seat.

5. Reality Bytes profile image75
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

I wonder if this was another FBI setup terrorist threat.

Was the FBI in contact with these suspects prior to the act?

They are good at creating fear in people called "false flags" to justify actions which are already planned. 

I do not believe anything coming from the federal government, Nothing!

6. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

GOPers Call Alleged Iran Plot An 'Act Of War'
    Right-Wing Think Tankers Use Alleged Assassination Plot To Push For War With Iran
    By Eli Clifton on Oct 12, 2011 at 6:00 pm

"Details of the alleged plot by an Iranian-American to hire Mexican drug cartels to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador in Washington remain few and far between. But that hasn’t stopped analysts at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), the Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) and the Heritage Foundation from calling for a military response."

It's Deja Vu.

Again, again, again.

7. knolyourself profile image61

"It's Deja Vu."
    "Again, again, again."
    That's because they create it. The terrorism industry is a three trillion dollar enterprise.

Exactly, and who exactly are the terrorists? The three trillion dollar question.

8. AngelTrader profile image60

Just bumping this up...now the Israelis are banging the drum and the UK government have also started making more pro action noises.

9. AngelTrader profile image60

On the 2nd November the Guardian newspaper reported "Britain's armed forces are stepping up their contingency planning for potential military action against Iran amid mounting concern about Tehran's nuclear enrichment programme".

Furthermore "The Ministry of Defence believes the US may decide to fast-forward plans for targeted missile strikes at some key Iranian facilities. British officials say that if Washington presses ahead it will seek, and receive, UK military help for any mission, despite some deep reservations within the coalition government.

In anticipation of a potential attack, British military planners are examining where best to deploy Royal Navy ships and submarines equipped with Tomahawk cruise missiles over the coming months as part of what would be an air and sea campaign."

As regards whether Israel have nuclear weapons in 2006 Israel's prime minister, Ehud Olmert, let slip during a television interview Israel did posses nuclear weapons. But this merely confirmed what the CIA knew as far back as 1968 and which was made implicitly clear in 1986 when Mordechai Vanunu gave the Sunday Times detailed descriptions that led defence analysts to rank the country as the sixth largest nuclear power. And ended up with Vanunu serving 18 years in prison.

Vanunu himself said "For 20 years they tried to deny me and my story but the policy of cheating and lying didn't succeed".

10. knolyourself profile image61

The first thing they would hit is the Iranian Oil Bourse, Iran Petroleum Exchange in Kish.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)