jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would it take for you to give up your vehicle, and rely on mass transportat

1. rmcrayne profile image96
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

What would it take for you to give up your vehicle, and rely on mass transportation?

Could you relinquish your car or truck, and rely on the bus?  Or maybe bus and light rail?  (Assuming you live some place where this is not common.)

2. dmop profile image78
    dmopposted 6 years ago

Well, in the area I live in the first thing it would take would be the existence of a mass transportation system. You can't even get a taxi, and everything is a few miles away so it wouldn't really be an option. I enjoy hiking regularly, but not having a vehicle would be disastrous. That is why I have several at all times, just in case one breaks. Good question though, it might make a good Hub.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I live in rural Montana where there is no mass transportation.  We are out in the country and aren't up to riding bikes the 5 miles to town, and I have to get to work so I could not give up my car at this point.

4. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 6 years ago

rmcrayne - At one time - years ago - I used the Bus Service for 14 years going to and from work each day and borrowed a car one day a week as I could not afford to buy a car.  Winter time was not so pleasant to say the least.  I have used Taxis while traveling - very expensive - but worth it sometimes.  Subways in NYC are kind of necessary as well as Boston, MA.  No - I would not want to give up my car at this point in time to complete the answer to your question.  Good one.