jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)

If you could have ONLY ONE--a place to live OR a means of transportation--which

1. MsDora profile image95
    MsDoraposted 4 years ago

If you could have ONLY ONE--a place to live OR a means of transportation--which would you choose?

2. billybuc profile image88
    billybucposted 4 years ago

That's an easy one because I had this choice twenty years ago....I took the transportation because I can always live in my car or truck, which I did for several weeks.

MsDoraposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Since you answer from experience, I know that it can be done.  Obviously, you have both now. Thanks!

3. Thundermama profile image91
    Thundermamaposted 4 years ago

Definitely a place to live. You can find a way to live locally limiting your need for transportation or share rides with others. But a place to call home and retreat from the outside world is the key to sanity as far as I'm concerned. Interesting question.

Thanks for answering. Your answer might have been mine.  I love comfort, but let's hear from some other people.

4. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

I would think that's a no-brainer....means of transportation is immaterial......having a place to live/roof over your head will always take priority.

Thanks for your answer, Alpha.  I follow you, but no-brainer might not be acceptable to those who are forced by circumstances you may not have, to make a different choice.  Let's see.

5. kidnappedkids profile image92
    kidnappedkidsposted 4 years ago

Transportation.  Transportation means freedom to move about, and if need be, you can use the transportation to live in. I've done it.

I can only imagine.  Glad you survived.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

What an interesting question and it is making me think. If I could choose where to live, I think I would choose a place to live that was convenient to the store and doctor.  Living in a car seems really scary to me, so yes, I would choose a place to live.

Thanks.  I'd be scared to live in a car too.

7. LillyGrillzit profile image80
    LillyGrillzitposted 4 years ago

Having been homeless, with a vehicle, I have retained some security in having at least a place to call my own. (cramped as it may have been)

The insecurity of living in a car, is where to sleep, or park at night.

Living in a rural area with no public transportation means that without an automobile, it is harder to relocate, or make it to a job.

My ideal lifestyle would to be to live in a community that is self contained, with no need for a combustion engine.

Good answer.  Thanks!

2. LillyGrillzit profile image80
      LillyGrillzitposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for choosing this answer. <3

8. Moon Daisy profile image85
    Moon Daisyposted 4 years ago

A place to live.  It would be very scary and stressful to not have somewhere to call home.  I don't have a car but there is always public transport if I need to travel around.

Good answer.  I can relate to that.

9. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I would change my whole lifestyle and live in the wild, nothing to ever worry about

What about wild animals?  Still no worry?  Thanks for introducing that thought.

10. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 4 years ago

My legs take me where I need to go, my heart and my mind is where my feelings and my thoughts are and that is my home:)

Interesting, Beata!  Poetic too.

11. ziyena profile image82
    ziyenaposted 4 years ago

I suppose it would have to be a home, but very nearby a place to work, and close enough to supermarket and hospital.  Thank God I have more choices than just the one.  God is good

Ziyena, "God is good" is the bottom line.  We are really not sure how we would fare in either situation. We are blessed in not having to choose.

12. Lady Guinevere profile image62
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

A place to live would be my answer.  We already have transportation and that is our legs and feet.  Walking to places is a plus.  Some people live off the land and need nothing else.  Lots more people should learn how to live off the grid, they would appreciate what they do have a heck of a lot more.

Hooray to our legs and feet and all our other natural resources.  Thank you for your answer.

working