jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you live in the US (are an American), do you find Europeans to be annoying?

1. Daxman profile image60
    Daxmanposted 6 years ago

If you live in the US (are an American), do you find Europeans to be annoying?

Often I talk to US citizens who think that Europeans don't know much about the "US Business" even though we can discuss things on a pretty equal level with you guys.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

I find a lot of people annoying, it doesn't matter where they're from...

3. Alastar Packer profile image82
    Alastar Packerposted 6 years ago

Always found Europeans to be intelligent, friendly and just great peeps. Except for a German fellow one time who was quite rude and cynical. But then again, everyone can have a bad day once in awhile.

4. Mmargie1966 profile image93
    Mmargie1966posted 6 years ago

Personally, I have NOT found Europeans to be rude or disrespectful of my views. Whether at home in America, or abroad.  I think the media portrays something different.  Maybe to divide us?  Again, this is what I THINK...just my opinion.

I do know a Canadian who personally told me that Americans are aggressive and always looking for a fight.  My response as I jumped in his face (just to get his goat...lol) was, "Yeah, so, you got a problem with that?"  HA HA HA...I'm not a violent person, and I'm not into stereotypes, but that sure was fun!

I suppose each of us has an individual experience which would form an opinion to post as an answer to your question.

Great question, BTW, Dax!

5. klayne profile image60
    klayneposted 6 years ago

When I meet someone from a country I don't know much about I find them fascinating . Im probably the annoying one because ill ask endless questions
    I think each person is different no matter where they are from, so I don't judge anyone based on where they are from, I wait until I can get a clear view of their personality.

6. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 6 years ago

I love to meet people in different cultures and am especially fascinated by other languages and cultural differences. I've not ever found Europeans to be annoying in the least! I wish I could travel more to meet different types of people.

7. Benson Brock profile image69
    Benson Brockposted 6 years ago

Dont be fooled by Europeans who seem to be naive. At the end of world war 2 Europe devoted its children to the elementary studies of American culture not to mention how we forced our culture on the rest of the world. But keep in mind as technology doubled every 18 months since the late nineties, generational gaps have also widened.  They are a wise, fun and interesting people.

working