jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you believe it will take for America to “get back on track?”

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

What do you believe it will take for America to “get back on track?”

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

There are countless ways to answer that, but at the moment, I'm going with, "How be we elect Rick Santorum President?"

Which I say because of the awsome quote he uttered in his Super Tuesday speech last night.  He was explaining why he decided to run for President:

"I got into this thing not because I so badly want to be the most powerful man in this country. It's because I want so badly to return the power to you in this country.”

Can't beat that, and that IS what it will take for America to "get back on track".

3. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I doubt we ever will "get back on track". At least not in the way we used to be.

4. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

Simple. Politicians who actually care for the people and work for them. That means all people, which excludes people like Santorum who only care about white, male Christians. It also excludes probably 90% of Congress who care more about their corporate donors than they do their constituents. The Democrat/Republican divide is supposed to be about HOW to help people, not WHO to help like it has become.

Repeal Citizen's United, public financed elections, eliminate insider trading, eliminate lobbyists, simple agenda plain language legislation, make changes to encourage third parties, national voting holiday, stop and reverse the grotesque GOP disenfranchisement efforts, bipartisan non-political districting, etc.

A populist progressive government would rebuild the middle class and create jobs by abandoning our obsolete oil economy and infrastructure and build cities of future sustainable technologies.

5. Barnsey profile image80
    Barnseyposted 6 years ago

When rich companies stop outsourcing what should be American jobs to foreign countries. When we have changed our mulit headed Hydra of a Government to something that actually helps and represents the people, not rich American's vested interests. When we stop acting like each and every individual household is an independent state. When people in this country recall that while they have the freedom to have any lawful affiliation their one and true loyalty belongs to this country first and foremost. Take the country back. One oldboy at a time.

6. profile image0
    Gusserposted 6 years ago

I think the differences between the left and right will now come to blows before a solution is reached.

7. EstellaGrace profile image60
    EstellaGraceposted 6 years ago

Ron Paul will get America "back on track" because the best thing any elected official can do for this country is get out of the way.  They need to get themselves, and all of their nonsense out of the way, and let America do what she does.... Prosper.  We have all the rules we need right there in the U.S. Constitution.  If it isn't in there, we don't need it legislated.