jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone else wonder why HubPages does not have a History category?

1. Angie Jardine profile image81
    Angie Jardineposted 5 years ago

Does anyone else wonder why HubPages does not have a History category?

2. Catzgendron profile image75
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

Angie that is a very good question.  It would be interesting because we are all part of our history, our family's history and our country's history.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 5 years ago

I have a few history subjects. You have to select "Education and Science", then you will find a subcategory for history.
    I agree that it seems a big enough subject to have it's own category-- but that's the way it is right now.

4. Mercia Collins profile image74
    Mercia Collinsposted 5 years ago

History and Archaeology are under Education and Science. I sometimes write History hubs.

5. WookieWonderfuls profile image60
    WookieWonderfulsposted 5 years ago

I guess there are so many topics to write about HP would spend an eternity trying to accommodate us with them all smile but History is a broad enough topic to have its own category.

Ange

6. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 5 years ago

Far as I'm concerned, the category list should read like a college course catalog, or follow the Dewey Decimal System.  Both seem to have worked well for universities and libraries for hundreds of years, so why not here too?  This is a WRITERS community, after all, meaning we're all readers and if we haven't attended college, we're at least quite familiar with the DDS and the way it works. 

But then, I've been pitching for a GENEALOGY (or the alternative, Family History) main category ever since I got here almost 4 years ago, but it's still buried as a sub-cat (or sub-sub-cat) of (IMHO) a totally irrelevant category, so I won't hold my breath for a History category.

7. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

Maybe they figure whats history is done  or "The past is the oast you can lean from it or run from it".
    Do they ned one?
    what specific item do you need to expand on?
    TH

8. KimberlyLake profile image82
    KimberlyLakeposted 5 years ago

Maybe ' history' is  too broad a category and is better as a sub category under education and science, like Mercia Collins wrote. If there was a History category you may need many many sub categories. For example; History-math and history-literature,history-American, history-art. Seems simpler the way hubpages has it set up.

Closed to reply

working