jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why should I vote?

1. KeithJK profile image59
    KeithJKposted 5 years ago

Why should I vote?

Democrat vs. Republican? Independent?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6232145_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 5 years ago

If you don't vote, you have no right to complain. It's only one vote (unless you live in Chicago) but it does matter.

3. Joelipoo profile image80
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

Too many people have fallen under the belief that their vote doesn't count.  The voting turnout numbers are pitiful, and we are being self-destructive of our democracy.  People should exercise their right to vote, or else they have no right to complain about who is in office or the state of the nation.

4. Josak profile image61
    Josakposted 5 years ago

You shouldn't vote unless politics interests you and you know who and what you are voting for, that requires dedicating a few hours to studying your candidates and learning the policies.  An uninformed vote is very harmful, I respect any voter so long as they can justify what they vote for, if you are voting just on a party line or just because you want to vote or because you have some vague idea of what you are voting for then stay home and sleep in it's better for the country.

5. freemarketingnow profile image57
    freemarketingnowposted 5 years ago

It's your civic duty. If you don't vote, you lose a privilege that are denied oppressed people (such as women for a long time). Also, you lose your right to voice dissent to current policies or leaders.

6. rave1432 profile image60
    rave1432posted 5 years ago

It all depends on what you believe in. I follow the candidates running and choose for who's ideals are close to mine. Don't vote for a certain party, vote for what and who you believe in.

7. annart profile image87
    annartposted 5 years ago

I believe everyone should vote; throughout history there are those who have suffered and died so that future generations could vote, have their voice heard, especially the suffragettes.  I think Britain (& anywhere else) should have the Australian system, where it is compulsory to vote unless you have mitigating circumstances - it doesn't take much to do, it's only now and then, and it gives you the right to choose, to say what you think, to object when things go wrong and to make a difference.

working