jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

In your opinion, is Global Warming, (Climate Change) caused in part or whole by

1. peoplepower73 profile image92
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

In your opinion, is Global Warming, (Climate Change) caused in part or whole by man?

Please give evidence to support your position.

2. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 5 years ago

A controllable portion is caused by man, but the melting of the permafrost due to global warming is a major factor.  If global warming is itself caused by man (rather than natural forces) then even the permafrost factor is caused by man.  For details, Google Clobal Warming, and keep in mind that Rick Santorum has a radically different view on this subject, and would be unlikely to support what some call "needed measures" to curb man's contribution to Global Warming.

3. profile image0
    gogogoposted 5 years ago

I am not an expert on this subject, but it is my belief that Global warming is mainly a part of the cycle that has taken place on earth for centuries.  I do believe that man has caused some of this, and the scientist, who really know, should let the rest of the world know what our contribution has been and how we should fix it. We need to get rid of the hype and hysteria and focus on the actual facts, that can be proven.

4. Edgar Arkham profile image75
    Edgar Arkhamposted 5 years ago

It's in part, but it's such a touchy subject (mostly political...). We've had large and small ice ages throughout history (last one was 500 years ago, or something like that) and so there is the Earth itself changing on its own. But we really make a mess of things with all the coal and oil burning and omissions. So, it is partly mankind's doing.

5. Curiad profile image78
    Curiadposted 5 years ago

There is no doubt that global warming is occurring. The average air and water temperatures have increased 1.4 degrees Fahrenheit (.8 degrees Celsius) since 1880. The ongoing question is not if man has contributed to this warming, but in what amount has man contributed. read more

working