jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does it seem like some people or organizations value animal life more so the

1. madmachio profile image61
    madmachioposted 5 years ago

Why does it seem like some people or organizations value animal life more so then human life?

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image59
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

To answer this question it would be helpful to know what specifically you are basing that observation on. However, perhaps people appear to be more sympathetic to animals because they are innocent and at the mercy of humans who often abuse them.

3. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

My opinion may not be correct but the obvious would seem to be that it is easier to help an animal than it is to help a person. Also animals are almost never ungrateful. While many people are. I can rescue a dog from the shelter and it will love me until it dies. However the girls I mentor that are in foster care love me until I say something they don't like (be good, don't do drugs). Helping people can be hard. Helping a dog amounts to rubbing its belly, taking it to the doctor a couple times a year, and feeding it (in general).

4. profile image0
    Gusserposted 5 years ago

Those people are usually faithless. God gave man dominion over the animal kingdom. Translation: Man is of more importance.

5. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I think I would reword your question to say "why does it seem like some people or organizations think animals and humans should be treated in the same way?

Some may put more value on animals, and object to drug testing, rodeos, and other activities.

These people probably think that people should be able to take care of themselves or that other people will look out for them. They also believe that many people do not care about animals and abuse them in many ways.

Well, we know all people do not get the help they need from others. I also belive that animals were put on earth as a lower species to provide, a source of food, a source of labor and a source of companionship. I have no problem ordering a steak in a restaurant (except payng for it) knowing that a cow had to be slaughtered so I could have the meal. I have no problems if animals are used for test subjects, as long as the tests are done as humanely as possible.
    I have no problem withe elephants being use to raise the circus tent, horses use for transportation, etc.

I have three beagles--a source of companionship I would never give up.

Some people, just have trouble seeing the whole picture.

Other people--those who abuse animals, like dog fights, cock fights and other outlandish things, or people who kick or hurt animals just because they want too--perhaps make it necessary that we have people who do want to look after the animals that supply so much to our quality of life.