jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Doesn't there seem to be a lot of animal attacks lately? (sharks, alligators eve

1. yecall profile image69
    yecallposted 20 months ago

Doesn't there seem to be a lot of animal attacks lately? (sharks, alligators even lion attacks)

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 20 months ago

They are just being reported on a large scale.  I doubt there are more attacks.  What we are having more of is murders with assault weapons.  But all the reporting on the planet doesn't seem to be able to make a dent in doing anything to prevent them.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

I think it is more the 24 hour news cycle so you get constant updates and reporting of every interview for ONE event, though it seems like more.
    And with worldwide reporting, you hear about X in Australia as well as Y at Disney World. Fifty years ago, you only heard about man eating tiger pairs along the British railroad lines or Indian farmer hunting ones after it had a high enough death count to be reported outside of the local area.

4. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 20 months ago

Yes, I agree with you. Maybe the animals have been watching the CBS series "Zoo" and getting ideas. BTW, I really like that show.

5. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 20 months ago

A couple of things to ponder on the topic…

1) Historically, there's nothing new in animal attacks.

2) Going where these critters are will mean there will be attacks.  People either think it is worth the risk or they believe anthropomorphism-ish views (a prime example I saw first hand was at a popular nature-themed park in which story-time for children had a line that went, "Are you lost in the woods? Don't be afraid of that cougar, he's just eaten his supper!")

6. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 20 months ago

The media is covering those sorts of stories more to distract us from the election and the candidates. Whenever you see a story that make you wonder why it's on national news it's because they're covering something up.

working