jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What are some extremely fulfilling volunteer opportunities?

1. Thrifty Lady profile image90
    Thrifty Ladyposted 6 years ago

What are some extremely fulfilling volunteer opportunities?

2. Cre8tor profile image98
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

i have really enjoyed volunteering to lead youth organizations. I have led cub scouts and coached multiple youth sports teams. I feel like I am contibuting to the future this way. I stay in touch with today's youth and their interests. I get to feel like I've had something to do with it when they achieve a goal set by whatever the activity is and that in a sense, I'll live on when they reflect on their youth in some way shape or form.

3. AnnaCia profile image83
    AnnaCiaposted 6 years ago

Fostering kittens.  There is nothing more satisfying than taking newborn kittens and care for them.  I do I and it is an amazing feeling.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image99
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

I would think that volunteering for Hospice would be fulfilling because you are helping people get through very serious life and death issues.

5. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

Being a Guardian Ad litem is a very rewarding thing. It takes a strong heart because you are the one who is responsible for helping a judge decide what is best for a child. Quite often you have to do the opposite of what the child wants and it can be heartbreaking having to tell a child that his parent is not capable of being his/her parent, especially in situations where the child is willing to deal with the pain of living with the parent to keep from losing them.  At the end of the day though you know you have done something to help a child in need!

6. calpol25 profile image67
    calpol25posted 6 years ago

Being a test pilot in a cement factory -  I hear thats fulfilling

Being a hod carrier for Lego - sounds fun

Being a bouncer for the shopping chain Mothercare - that could be a good volunteer opportunity too smile

These are just a few off the top of my head smile

7. Cas Merchant profile image61
    Cas Merchantposted 6 years ago

I volunteered twice a week at a homeless shelter for children (families with children), and every visit was an inspiration...they loved doing crafts, and were so proud of the things they created!

working