jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think people will riot if Trayvon Martin's Neighboorhood Watch Captain is

1. jaybird22 profile image68
    jaybird22posted 6 years ago

Do you think people will riot if Trayvon Martin's Neighboorhood Watch Captain is aquitted?

It seems as though this high profiled case has sparked the Black Panther's and other racial organizations.  This has the modern day feel of the Rodney King beating which turned to rioting after the police officers were innitially aquitted. Some witnesses speak on how they saw Trayvon Martin attack first, others feel neighboorhood watch captain is guilty for using leathal force on a child.  Florida is a stand your ground state & the NW Captain claims he was in fear for his life. What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6419270_f260.jpg

2. brages07 profile image60
    brages07posted 6 years ago

I hope that he is not acquitted.  That being said, he may well be acquitted and there might be rioting afterward as there was after the Rodney King verdict, as you mentioned.  Again, I hope this is not the case.  It will not change the verdict or the law and will only make things worse.

3. Cassie Smith profile image69
    Cassie Smithposted 6 years ago

Yes. If Zimmerman is found not guilty, Blacks will riot in the streets since they have been riled up by race baiters and race hustlers.

4. ExLeftist profile image60
    ExLeftistposted 6 years ago

I think it's possible that their will be rioting.  I would hope the police will be ready this time.  And maybe even the National Guard.  I don't know if he's guilty or not.  I don't think he is.  In order to meet the traditional racism narrative the mainstream media has gone all out.... ignoring witnesses, doctoring tapes, using outdated pictures of those involved, suppressing information. The media has painted an ugly picture of a man who just wanted a safe neighborhood and was willing to give his time and energy to do it.

5. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 6 years ago

This is a good question but I don't think people will riot. I sure hope not. Think about the state of the economy at the moment, if people destroy their own communities it will take even longer for things to get back to "normal." Even Rodney King has asked for calm according to CNN. While I think GZ did the right thing to call police, he should have let them handle it. He followed/stalked when told he was not needed to do so. Everyone is talking about stand your ground for GZ but what about the kid standing his ground after he ran and this stranger was still following him? I hope that he is not acquitted because it was HIS action that killed a 17 year old who was unarmed. This is a tragedy for both families regardless of what happens.

working