jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If President Obama asked for your advice, what would you tell him?

1. Above Average Guy profile image61
    Above Average Guyposted 5 years ago

If President Obama asked for your advice, what would you tell him?

There must be something each one of us would like to say to the President, but I won't bias you with my words of wisdom.  What do you want to tell him?

2. habueld profile image86
    habueldposted 5 years ago

To get tougher and stop playing with the GOP. Expose their beliefs system to the majority of Americans, although, they do a pretty good job themselves, and most Americans will see the truth. Other than that, keep doing what you are doing because your character really does speak for itself.

3. mackyi profile image63
    mackyiposted 5 years ago

It depends on what specifically he needs advice on. Although he already has his advisers in all areas, that doesn't mean that he is getting the right advices. Then again, the advices could be good but he is unable to execute them simply because he has to garnish the support of congress and other house members. If house members or congress are not in support of new plans or ideas then it's always going to be a tough job for any president, unless his party has control of congress.
    My general advice is: keep trying and whatever you do remember that Democracy means: Government for the people and by the people -- not for a few!

4. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 5 years ago

I would advise President Obama to keep being the better politician by not stooping to the level of his adversaries. In addition, keep hammering away at the fallacy of tax breaks for the rich, less regulations, the war on women's rights, the war on the middle and poor classes, that teachers and unions are not enemies of the state, that equal pay and equal health care for all should be a right and finally, public education and a formal education are not detriments to society, but rather assets. I think that would be a good start on advise.

5. hobbynob profile image80
    hobbynobposted 5 years ago

Keep up the good work but get an all-star public relations team on board immediately!

It took at least eight years to get us in this mess -- Obama needs at least eight to help get us out! One thing, though, is that there's not much that can be done to help the housing crisis besides giving lenders greater incentive to participate in the programs out there. Clearly, the incentives being offered are not helping. And if they're not helping, the programs aren't working and should be modified or dropped.

6. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I would encourage him to speak honestly about some of the odd- and mis-"information" that passes for political dialogue....   Most specifically, I'd say to him,

"You know all this B-S about YOU being responsible for the price of gasoline?  How about you go public and say, "Dear people, your President has just about NOTHING TO DO with the price of gasoline.  I don't,  Geo W (idiot) Bush didn't, Clinton didn't.... and neither did any other President going back ad infinitum.  It is something that Presidents talk about, but can't DO a darn thing about UNLESS they choose to abuse Presidential perogative and call for "price controls."  .... and, for that, I invite you to look back at history and see how successful Dick Nixon was in the 70's...."

And, while we're at it, Barack.... how about telling people that ALL the congresspeople over the last several decades have been responsible for incurring the rampant debt that we now face....  SOME (Presidents) have chosen to run un-budgeted wars that piled on the debt... whilest they went elsewhere and chopped brush and rode mountain bikes (taking MORE "vacation" time than ANY OTHER PRESIDENT IN HISTORY, incidentally)....

And, what the heck... why not tell people that the USofA, America tax code is a complicated compendium of favors and special treatment for those who HAVE wealth... .whilest it batters the "little guy" who can neither qualify for the favors, nor who has resources enough to get away from the IRS and its heavy hand.."

That's what I'd say to the guy....

7. peoplepower73 profile image91
    peoplepower73posted 5 years ago

When he is addressing the public to use power points to expain topics that lend themselves to bullet points and graphs. As they say:  "A picture is worth a thousand words." He will reach many more people this way when he is talking about complex topics.

8. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

I would tell him to stop surrounding himself with a bunch of yes men. During the debate on health care, the President was at a town hall meeting and said the White House received hundreds of letters a day and his staff would show him five letters each day and they all supported his health care plan. As an old reporter, I caught that quickly. The aides where showing the boss what he wanted to see. The odds of all letters to the White House  is beyond comprehension. It might not have changed his mind, but at least he would had known there was some public opposition if his aides had correctly done their jobs.

9. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 5 years ago

TO REINSTATED THE GLASS STEAGALL ACT  and stop the murdering for profit of poor people all over the world by our military for defense contractor and have a very flat basic tax for everyone. the tax rule and laws are just INSANE. REPEAL NDAA AND THE PATRIOT ACT.