jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why is one opinion on a subject viewed more valid than another?

1. cherriquinn profile image78
    cherriquinnposted 6 years ago

Why is one opinion on a subject viewed more valid than another?

When it suits our purposes as a society we change, modify and even reinterpret information and contend viewpoints by personal judgement, so who can ever have  real authority on a subject?

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 6 years ago

It depends on the subject matter, the person giving the opinion, his background and education and most importantly if that opinion most closely reflects our own personal opinion. In a word, we chose the opinion that gives validation to our own opinions. At least, that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Yes; some "opinions" are based on facts and truths. Others are based on feelings or beliefs.

4. Joan King profile image73
    Joan Kingposted 6 years ago

An opinion is an expression of free will and free thought. Could you imagine if we all held the same beliefs or thought the same way and agreed with each other? . Even doctors who should have authority on a subject differ in opinions about treatment and causes of diseases. People choose to accept one opinion over another because it suits them and their world view and in my opinion, that is a good thing.

working