jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

What is your opinion on what Ted Nugent said about the President and his admini

1. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 6 years ago

What is your opinion on what Ted Nugent said about the President  and his administration?

At a NRA gathering this weekend, Ted Nugent a hard line right winger, called the Obama administration criminals and said if Obama was reelected "this time next year I'll either be dead or in jail."

2. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

Ted Nugent is crazy anyways. He is really into guns and hunting. I think the secret service had better keep an eye on him.

1. Barbara Kay profile image91
      Barbara Kayposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I take back my comment after hearing more about the story, but making a threat on the president is serious business. I was only judging Ted Nugent by the concerts he did when he was younger. He acted crazy then. He may not be crazy and I wish he woul

3. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 6 years ago

I think he has a big mouth, but has very little intellectual substance.  My only concern is some crazy fan might latch onto his rhetoric and go shoot someone.

4. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 6 years ago

If they are re-elected, Obama and the liberals will try to come after the 2nd Amendment and the right to own personal fire arms. Those who have them will not surrender them willingly and that is the point The Nuge was trying to make.

5. billd01603 profile image86
    billd01603posted 6 years ago

I agree with about 75% of what he says, but it doesn't matter whether you like the man in office or not, you have to have some respect for the office of the President of the United States

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I may not agree with Ted Nugent's philosophy but I do remember a time when we could say what we wanted without being investigated by the Secret Service.  We are going downhill fast in the freedom department.

7. Freeway Flyer profile image90
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

It's not surprising when Ted Nugent says stupid things. What's amazing is how often I hear this gibberish from everyday people. President Obama has done nothing to curtail gun ownership, and given the current makeup of the Supreme Court, he could not do much in terms of gun regulation even if he wants to. It's just another of many examples throughout American History of fear-based politics and paranoid delusions.

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

ted nugent is one of those guys who loves to hear himself talk. i remember when he was a musician and even then he was a big mouth.

9. Ralph Deeds profile image63
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Ted Nugent is a loud-mouth moron. His dumb, threatening comment is a symptom of the escalation of hostile political dialog fostered by extremists like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, et al, in this country since Barak Obama was elected.

10. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

HI, bild01603!

I wouldn't look for too much meaning in such statements. In my opinion, the thing that we need to understand is that: Since the 1970s (the beginning of the so-called 'neoliberal' era) politicians of both major parties have either lost the ability or given up the desire to manage the economy for the prosperity of the broad population.

The reasons for this are many and complex. Basically, then, the only thing politicians (and their suppporters) have left is fear (War on Terror; an obsession with 'security'); by the way there's a very good documentary movie called "The Power of Nightmares," produced by Adam Curtis for the BBC. His thesis is this: in the past politicians assumed leadership and authority based on the idea that they could assure the general prosperity of all. Those dreams failed and all they have left to hold onto their power and authority is their promise that they will protect us from the nightmare of Islamic fundamentalist international terrorism.

The only other thing politicians and their adherents have left, right now, is vitriol. They practice what they call excessive 'partisanship' and then accuse the other side of it, and so on and so forth.

By the way, this 'super pac' business, combined with the Supreme Court's 'Citizens United' decision, cannot be good for the substantive content and civility of political campaigns going forward!

Take it easy.

1. billd01603 profile image86
      billd01603posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Good point wingedcentaur, I never thought of it that way. Thanks for answering

11. Rob Lattin profile image80
    Rob Lattinposted 5 years ago

What Ted Nugent says and what his opinion happens to be are two different things. He can change what he says but I doubt he will ever change his opinion. but who are we to challenge him?

working