jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Do you have the same or different political views from the rest of your family?

1. Allen Williams profile image82
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

Do you have the same or different political views from the rest of your family?

If they are different, how do you and your family deal with that?  Are their conflicts?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

Views ... are essentially a very personal thing ... Political or otherwise.

The Culture in our home, is where everyone has the Right to Think, as one wants to Think ... and to have personal Views and Opinions ...
    We share our views ... my ... my wife's, and our kids "Views ... by providing the other, with honest inputs ... about the held View.

After that ... each of us has the Right, to Believe, or to Do ... what one feels ... is the Right thing, to Believe and to Do.

Allen Williamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Views are personal but sometimes by letting them known to others can cause a problem in some families that are more firm in their own beliefs.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Roughly the same, I would say my husband is more conservative than I am.  I will not argue politics, it goes no where so we really have no conflicts.

Good for you.  Sometimes the topic by itself causes arguments. You seem to know how to keep it all in check.

4. Mmargie1966 profile image92
    Mmargie1966posted 6 years ago

My family usually never "talked politics" however, when we all grew up, we realized that we all agree politically.  I think it was the way we were raised.  We all have the same morals and values.

It is good that it worked out that way.  I have seen many families divided over political views.

5. sls450 profile image73
    sls450posted 6 years ago

I was still living at home for the last presidential election.  My Dad wanted to kick me out for voting for McCain.

My husband and I share more similar views.

The important thing is that you stuck by your own convictions.  I'm glad you are with someone now that shares similar views.

6. Rodric29 profile image78
    Rodric29posted 6 years ago

My entire family means something different so I will answer two ways. I you mean my clan or the family from which I come, my political views differ from the majority of them. I come from a conservative Democratic background and I am a conservative Republican leaning Independent.

Any discussion of politics usually gets stares and disbelief from relatives. In my immediate family of 8 people, six of them kids we all seem to be Conservative. My wife is definitely Republican and so is my oldest son. The rest only care about kid things. I feel safe to say that my immediate family is more connected politically.

We debated politics everyday at our home. With extend family we interject and leave it things in the air. If we speak too much when surrounded by liberal relatives passions get high and people start to attack!

I have heard that alot that can get pretty heated over politics.  I've known of families that became divided over politics to the point of not talking again.  It is a shame that it comes to that.  Thank you for your response.

working